Sponsored

Another 18 Baseline dyno

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Can the guys in this thread that went from MT82 to 10 Speed comment on how the feel about losing the 3rd pedal in the car? My S4 DCT is badass but I still really enjoy climbing into the 5.0 and shifting. The 10 speed looks so wicked in the video the guy has on youtube where he took his GT350R and 18 auto to the track. At 9:05 in that video you see the car chirp 2 through 5 at the strip with an 12.1 @ 117mph pass.
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Here is my 18 GT base 10spd baseline (bone stock) dyno runs. I made 3 runs on the dyno. Blue is in 7th gear (1 to 1). Looks like the stock programming won't allow the car to rev beyond 6k in 7th gear. The green line is 6th and the red line is 5th. Just interesting to see what the curve would look like if it could have made a full pull. I would say its pretty official by now that the 18 makes 420whp and 400wtq bone stock. I also weighed my base auto with only about 2 gallons of fuel in it. I did remove the engine cover and air pump bs in the trunk. Other then that it has no weight reduction. It weighed only 3625!! I would imagine with a half tank it would be more like 3675 or so. Cant wait to do a few weight reduction mods and get it in the 3550 range with a quarter tank for track day. Next will be another dyno once the JLT CAI and Lund tune go on. Can't wait!!

Badass, did you demod your car for trade in?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Can the guys in this thread that went from MT82 to 10 Speed comment on how the feel about losing the 3rd pedal in the car? My S4 DCT is badass but I still really enjoy climbing into the 5.0 and shifting. The 10 speed looks so wicked in the video the guy has on youtube where he took his GT350R and 18 auto to the track. At 9:05 in that video you see the car chirp 2 through 5 at the strip with an 12.1 @ 117mph pass.
We went from always owning manuals to the new 10 speed which is the first auto car Lethal has ever owned.

In my opinion I don't miss anything about driving a manual. The 10 speed auto is so bad ass and easy to drive. The different drive modes make it just as enjoyable to drive as the manuals I've owned. Also, since I suck at driving a manual at the track, as well as I won't even dare take a manual car making over 1000rwhp down the track the auto makes me feel a lot more comfortable than the previous cars I've owned or still own.

Obviously there's always going to be the die hard manual guys that will never even entertain driving the auto. However I'm a believer in it and will always recommend to at least give it a shot. That 10R80 is just too good to not give it a try.

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
We went from always owning manuals to the new 10 speed which is the first auto car Lethal has ever owned.

In my opinion I don't miss anything about driving a manual. The 10 speed auto is so bad ass and easy to drive. The different drive modes make it just as enjoyable to drive as the manuals I've owned. Also, since I suck at driving a manual at the track, as well as I won't even dare take a manual car making over 1000rwhp down the track the auto makes me feel a lot more comfortable than the previous cars I've owned or still own.

Obviously there's always going to be the die hard manual guys that will never even entertain driving the auto. However I'm a believer in it and will always recommend to at least give it a shot. That 10R80 is just too good to not give it a try.
THIS!! (Except for the part about not driving manuals well at the track, LOL)

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badass, did you demod your car for trade in?
Yup, I removed all the mods and traded the 15 in. I used the wheels, thermostat, water pump pulley, and bmr cradle lock out on the new car. Everything else is for sale. Thought about keeping the headers as I believe they will fit fine but I really don't want to be too loud or fail emissions since I am driving this one daily right now. Still also kinda undecided about the GT350 IM since it is not quite clear if it will be worth putting on the 18.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update for anyone who is interested. I have installed the JLT CAI, an H-pipe, and loaded my Lund Flex tune. I filled up with e-85 and hit the dyno. On the first tune with out revision it made 454whp and 419wtq. Very happy with the results with so little done. My 15 needed a gt350 IM and full catless exhaust to hit these numbers except it only made 390's wtq. I will load up the dyno sheet as soon as I get the email from my buddy who has the dyno. This is the same dyno I base lined on, SAE. I made 4 pulls and each one it made more power. 3 runs were 450whp or more. Next will be Mak cat delete pipes, I am also switching the h-pipe out for a magnaflow resonator xpipe. I do no like the raspy tinny tone from removing the stock resonator. I'm hoping the resonator xpipe will help give it less rasp and more of a bass tone.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Very nice. Can’t wait to have Lund tune mine.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
that-look-she-5ac169.jpg

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Awesome numbers :cheers: My son and i test drove an 18pp 6spd last week and im contemplating selling my 93 now. I may have to get one, its a beast.
Don't do it. Get the 18, but keep the fox. You'll regret selling it later if you do.

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the dyno's. I have included the best two runs of my current setup on the 18 and then an overlay of my best run with my FBO GT350 Mani 15. Man is this 18 awesome!
image (4).png
image (2).png
Sponsored