Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Vette GS, great article!

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I mean we all know it's a terrible comparison- the author himself says so.
The author himself even says the Vette is the better car...but he would buy the Mustang if it were his money.

Seems to me every single poster here knows the Vette is the better car, yet we all chose the Mustang.
Besides the typos and incorrect specs, I don't really see the problem here.
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
A true apples to oranges comparison. I'm one that owns both. These cars are bought for what they are, and ones not built to match the other. They are both great cars, and built to give their own driving experience. IMHO

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The highest 5.0 mustang (cali special or whatever) is what has terrible resale. The Corvette GS/Z06/ZR1 takes an initial hit then levels off.
They are on different levels, I used to want the mustang to over take the vette as america's sports car (i know i know, mustang aint a true sports car), but it simply wont. The vette has been around longer and is campaigned as the sports car to bring a fight to the european cars.

A GS is magical on the track. One of my favorite things about the C7 is you can remove the targa top.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I'll take the Vette over a Mustang every time. By the way, I'm a retired Engineer from Ford.
Vettes are great performers but for 90% of the driving I do, the GT does it for me. The Mustang is so much easier to live with than the Vette. Vette has tons more road noise, worse ride quality, visibility sucks, getting in/out sucks.

After test driving a couple Vettes, I found the the Mustang so much nicer to driver around. I guess for track use, the Vette wins but that's irrelevant to me.

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
yea, business insider probably just says whatever the hell they want. that vette at the mustangs price, i'd go with the vette. thats probably they're only valid point for picking the mustang unless theyre also comparing them for a DD sake, which is dumb.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Good post. I really wanted a gs vert, but the need for a backseat(new twin boys) the backseat on a premium gt vert won. I have no regrets. The difference in price makes for a great mod budget.

A true apples to oranges comparison. I'm one that owns both. These cars are bought for what they are, and ones not built to match the other. They are both great cars, and built to give their own driving experience. IMHO

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Something I just thought of too is why would you a direct apples to apples comparison and even worse a vert to a coupe, also in the completely wrong segment. And then bitch and moan about trunk space? Well duh you moron...it's a vert to a coupe.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This might be the dumbest comparison I've seen yet....

:headbonk:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Vettes are great performers but for 90% of the driving I do, the GT does it for me. The Mustang is so much easier to live with than the Vette. Vette has tons more road noise, worse ride quality, visibility sucks, getting in/out sucks.

After test driving a couple Vettes, I found the the Mustang so much nicer to driver around. I guess for track use, the Vette wins but that's irrelevant to me.
You are absolutely correct, and made a wise choice. There ain't no way I would buy a Corvette as a DD. They are completely impracticable for everyday errands, and especially that way if you have young ones.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They are completely impracticable for everyday errands, and especially that way if you have young ones.
True with a family but believe it or not, the Vette coupe has more cargo or trunk space than the Camaro and the Mustang. By a lot.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
True with a family but believe it or not, the Vette coupe has more cargo or trunk space than the Camaro and the Mustang. By a lot.
Fold down the rear seats in a mustang and no the vette doesn’t have more room

tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Here is a couple of pics of 4 new tires for my old 2011 GS. Got all 4 in the car. These are huge tires too. Had a 14' Camaro at the same time and couldn't even come close to fitting all 4 tires in it.
IMG_20161027_085613751.jpg
IMG_20161027_085630141.jpg

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Dollar for Dollar maybe but other than that I'll take the GS!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here is a couple of pics of 4 new tires for my old 2011 GS. Got all 4 in the car. These are huge tires too. Had a 14' Camaro at the same time and couldn't even come close to fitting all 4 tires in it.
I have put all four tires and wheels in my GT350 a couple times and you can close the trunk easily. Looking at that picture I would say the Mustang definitely has a lot more interior and trunk room.
Sponsored