Will the GT500 Have a DCT

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
How many transmission choices were there on the '93 Cobra/R model, the 2000 Cobra R, the '03/'04 Cobra, the '07 to '14 GT500, or the '15 to '18 GT350/R model cars?
You missed the 94-99 and 01 Cobra's.... (and also the 2002 for our aussie friends) :shrug:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How many transmission choices were there on the '93 Cobra/R model, the 2000 Cobra R, the '03/'04 Cobra, the '07 to '14 GT500, or the '15 to '18 GT350/R model cars?
If the most important factor is driving enjoyment, there is no choice other than a manual transmission.

I can understand Ford building a car for making numbers and bragging rights rather than making it fun to drive. It's just too bad IMO. Ah well, I'm sure they will have no problem at all finding buyers even if the DCT is the only transmission offered.

Lacquer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
If the most important factor is driving enjoyment, there is no choice other than a manual transmission.

I can understand Ford building a car for making numbers and bragging rights rather than making it fun to drive. It's just too bad IMO. Ah well, I'm sure they will have no problem at all finding buyers even if the DCT is the only transmission offered.
You see it that way, I look at it completely opposite- To me, a DCT is far more fun and versitile to drive than a manual. I think the manual is more for nostalgia. My hope is they offer it both ways.:thumbsup:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You missed the 94-99 and 01 Cobra's....
I don't miss them at all.
:)

Having a 700+hp engine that can stay at peak rpm and not dip between shifts in a car that shares chassis hardware from the GT350/R is exactly what I'm looking for. Talk about a track beast. Can't wait!

Sponsored

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Ford will sell every one it can make regardless of the tranny. Just wish I had a choice.

It’s Henry Ford deja vu ;) I can have any tranny I want in the 500 as long as it’s the Tremec DCT :)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The 350 will be your manual car... and more fun to drive IMO.
If you like holding on for dear life, the GT500 is your car. More $ but also more capable. More capable = more kills but ≠ more fun.
I hope they cram it with HP and make it a scary ride. ;)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The 350 will be your manual car... and more fun to drive IMO.
If you like holding on for dear life, the GT500 is your car. More $ but also more capable. More capable = more kills but ≠ more fun.
Well, I just got a ride in a Gen 3 Whipple'd '16 GT PP last week. Scary is fairly accurate.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Having a 700+hp engine that can stay at peak rpm and not dip between shifts in a car that shares chassis hardware from the GT350/R is exactly what I'm looking for. Talk about a track beast. Can't wait!
I'm sure you will love it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully the same individual that was responsible for the Tech Pack cooler(less) debacle on the GT350 is no longer in a position of power or involved in the GT500 program. And I pray that the engine shutoff (start/stop) feature will not be on this car in an attempt to improve EPA mileage numbers by .5%....

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully the same individual that was responsible for the Tech Pack cooler(less) debacle on the GT350 is no longer in a position of power or involved in the GT500 program. And I pray that the engine shutoff (start/stop) feature will not be on this car in an attempt to improve EPA mileage numbers by .5%....
It won't be. Requires bigger starter and alternator: Weight.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes please!! :thumbsup:
:D

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It won't be. Requires bigger starter and alternator: Weight.
I know all about it. My sense though is that Captain Cubicle (not my characterization of Ford's new CEO but I rather like it) can and will change anything that fits his agenda on a moments notice.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know all about it. My sense though is that Captain Cubicle (not my characterization of Ford's new CEO but I rather like it) can and will change anything that fits his agenda on a moments notice.
:lol: I like that.

It's been interesting to hear what's going on from the inside these days via one of my best friends. Oh Ford...