GT350R and parts...

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
While that's a totally fair point I just wouldn't be able to resist. I know, kinda bass wackwards.
That would be like replacing the Voodoo for a Coyote for street driving or vice versa. REDONCULOUS!
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I get that the splitter and carbon fiber wheels are all part of what make the R so special. With that said, would your or has anyone taken off the R splitter in favor of saving it and installed the regular splitter? Same thing with the wheels?

This wouldn’t be a daily driver but it would make me sick to damage either of those components driving around town.

Is the R just too much to drive on the street and not strictly the track? I’m thinking the regular GT350 would be better suited for weekend driving on the streets.
IMO just buy the non-R if you can't afford the R consumables. That's what I did. Or even a lower model Mustang. They are all fun. Buy a Mustang you can afford and use it all the time. Get the most fun for your dollar. 2 cents. :shrug:

Why buy a car and then not drive it or replace the good stuff to "save it"? So that when you are done with the car the next person will enjoy it more?

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
wheels are a consumables on tracks. I race Miata, I throw away ~6 wheels per year. CF wheels are stronger, so may be I will throw away just 2 per year. not gonna happen for me. but for street, they are badass.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
last I checked the regular splitter was $280 without looking hard for discounts.

So for a daily driver thats a pretty solid savings on a wear item. Yet its largely down to how much you care that the car is perfect (car shows, resale) vs the convenience of just using the R splitter.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was concerned about using the R splitters at first. I have a driveway that will cause a scrape if I am not careful. However during normal drives, I find it to be a non issue. You learn what you can and cannot drive over and angle the car over a bump or dip if necessary.
Sponsored