Sponsored

2019 GT350 Confirmed

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
For those of you who are concerned about an over abundance of GT350s I’ll speculate that fewer will be sold in 2019 than previous years. Some people looking at the 2019 GT350 may opt for a GT instead with similar performance with the 10 speed automatic. Now if Ford were to offer the GT 350 with a 10 speed automatic, straight line performance would be improved significantly and my previous speculation may be wrong.
In '19 the 350 has closer competition also the PP2 has some 350 bits stock for its handling package, with better rubber than the non-R. The Bullitt is getting its intake and manifold and 50HP less. They both have magride and active exhaust options.

Some people may see getting one of those as a sensible way to save a few K vs getting the 350. On the other hand dealers may use them as a way to up-sell to the 350 for "just a few K more"
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I just watched the video in its entirety and going of what was said, I would say this is much more certain than speculation not a confirmation. Not to long ago the info on the GT350/R changed lots before production. I also remember when the S550 platform was still in testing. Ford claimed the S550 would be 200lbs less than the S197. Boy was that wrong!
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news
https://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mustang-might-have-just-gained-a-whole-fa-1584241975

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
What specific bits from the GT350 are on the PP2?
NONE! That is a complete and utter big pile of poop!:headbonk::paddle::lol:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
What specific bits from the GT350 are on the PP2?
Another member found in the Ford parts system that the PP2 and GT350 share the same part numbers for:
Front/rear shocks
Front/rear springs
Front Swaybar

If I remember the 350 and PP1 rear sway bar are already the same.

The PP2 is also supposed to have different mangaride tuning and steering ratio, so they may also be from(or based on) the 350, but no ones confirmed yet.

Sponsored

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My guess is the 500 is going to be significantly more expensive. How close in performance is a PP2 GT vs the GT350 now?
It blows my mind that Mustangs can get more expensive than 60-70K.

Whenever my wife wants to buy anything designer, which is pretty much weekly, I used to tell her that we are Mustang people not Ferrari people. After spending 60k on this weekend car she is never going to let me hear the end of it. She is right too....60k is a ton of cash for a car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Another member found in the Ford parts system that the PP2 and GT350 share the same part numbers for:
Front/rear shocks
Front/rear springs
Front Swaybar

If I remember the 350 and PP1 rear sway bar are already the same.

The PP2 is also supposed to have different mangaride tuning and steering ratio, so they may also be from(or based on) the 350, but no ones confirmed yet.
I thought the wheel bearings and some suspension parts were also borrowed from the GT350, but I might be miss-remembering.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
My guess is the 500 is going to be significantly more expensive. How close in performance is a PP2 GT vs the GT350 now?
The PP2 hasn't been benchmarked yet against anything. I'm suspecting in a shorter, more technical track the PP2 won't be to far behind, but on a track where the Shelby can stretch its legs the Shelby should have a clear lead.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Front/rear shocks
Front/rear springs
Front Swaybar

The PP2 is also supposed to have different mangaride tuning and steering ratio, so they may also be from the 350, but no ones confirmed yet.
after a quick look in the catalog, I would argue that is a MAYBE. Most GT350 parts have an FR3Z prefix. 2018 mustang shows magneride shocks with a JR3Z prefix. so while its POSSIBLE they MIGHT share some parts, I would't be sure to make that leap.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I thought the wheel bearings and some suspension parts were also borrowed from the GT350, but I might be miss-remembering.
That may be on all magneride cars. I'm not sure on the specifics there. I do remember something about some of the parts being similar to the GT350 when reviews started to come out.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
after a quick look in the catalog, I would argue that is a MAYBE. Most GT350 parts have an FR3Z prefix. 2018 mustang shows magneride shocks with a JR3Z prefix. so while its POSSIBLE they MIGHT share some parts, I would't be sure to make that leap.
I'm not talking ALL magneride cars, just the PP2 ones.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand people buying a depreciating item (new automobile) and then complaining about the resale value. A new car is almost never going to end up being an an actual asset in a buyers lifetime. More times than not, if you’re buying a new performance car as an investment rather than something you intend to drive and enjoy, you’ll end up disappointed in the long run.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I don’t understand people buying a depreciating item (new automobile) and then complaining about the resale value. A new car is almost never going to end up being an an actual asset in a buyers lifetime. More times than not, if you’re buying a new performance car as an investment rather than something you intend to drive and enjoy, you’ll end up disappointed in the long run.
Same. I buy a car to drive it till it's illogical to repair, or it gets wrecked. I get my enjoyment out of it. I don't worry about resale. I feel bad for Cobra R's for example that are just tucked away in garages with single and double digit mileage and never get driven out on the track or even just the normal roads.

I understand if you perhaps bought it, then something prevents you from driving it, but I could never buy a car then never let it stretch its legs. I'd feel like I'm punishing the car.
Sponsored