SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Looking forward to when there's a guide for all this. Despite knowing the powertrain quite well, my car is a DD and my only car, so I cannot afford it to be down while experimenting, particularly as I want the CMCVs functioning. @Livernois Motorsports doesn't yet have a tune for this manifold, but maybe I can work with them for a day on their dyno ;)
THIS ^^^^. Someone would achieve the status of demi-god if they create a useable wiring/vacuum write-up!
Sponsored

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
I think I was the 1st person to actually get a manifold but I waited until today to install it. The hoses are a mess and I’m probably going to redo it all with my own hoses soon.

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Mine will be here Thursday . Hope it’s not broke !

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Took at look at my previous IMRC setup (copying the 15-17 setup) on the 18 manifold last night and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Thought maybe the 18 solenoid looked the same as the 15-17 units but operated differently, but messed around with it and it seems interchangeable.

Decided to try a setup my mechanic buddy recommended, basically swapping the 18 manifold back to the way it came and wiring the solenoid plugs together. I test drove it this morning and it's still throwing a pending P2005 code.

I really wish I had a way to datalog the IMRCs so I could see exactly what's going on.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 2018 manifold on along with the procharger and it's up and running, still in the process of getting the tuning finalized but so far feels fantastic :thumbsup:

jyd5lV.jpg

Sponsored

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Got my 2018 manifold on along with the procharger and it's up and running, still in the process of getting the tuning finalized but so far feels fantastic :thumbsup:

jyd5lV.jpg
Good deal man, I hope to be there with the D1sc next year. Looks great

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I am planning on using the imrc setup on mine, but had a few free minutes so I drew up some delete brackets and 3d printed them. Sure beats the ridiculous price of the $60 pieces.:cool: I'll already have them handy in case I decide to go the delete route.

IMG_20180305_164943746.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am planning on using the imrc setup on mine, but had a few free minutes so I drew up some delete brackets and 3d printed them. Sure beats the ridiculous price of the $60 pieces.:cool: I'll already have them handy in case I decide to go the delete route.

Those also look better. The MMR brackets aren't very precise and you can mistakenly put them on with the IMRC flaps partically closed.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Those also look better. The MMR brackets aren't very precise and you can mistakenly put them on with the IMRC flaps partically closed.
ThAts something i need to be careful not to do. Is there a way i can tell i am not to make that mistake.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
ThAts something i need to be careful not to do. Is there a way i can tell i am not to make that mistake.
Yep. The shiny pieces on the back of your intake manifold will rotate up and down which opens/closes the flaps in your manifold. You can feel the flaps open and close if you stick your finger in the ports. When you put the lockout plate on just hold the flap so that it doesn't move when you're tightening the screw.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Awesome! Thank you! Also i cant remember did you stick with stock tb or swap it out? Contemplating if i should do that. One day want to go fo procharger just doing all supporting mods first.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Tough to say since I'm not 100% sure both my IMRCs have been inoperable/stuck open at the same time lol.

I can tell you that if 1 or both are open and you're not tuned for it you'll have part throttle hesitation around 2000rpms.

The IMRCs are there to keep air velocity up for efficiency at idle/low rpms. If you lock them out you'll lose that.
Well damn, keep up the gd work. Hoping to see results.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what size tubing we need to buy for the plumbing portion of the install? So many people have installed this, yet nobody can answer my question.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by someone on FB that we need a couple of feet of 3/8" vacuum tubing (for anyone that is wondering).

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sponsored

Last edited: