What's the benefit of Apple CarPlay?

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Voice commands (in my case Siri) made it easier to use CarPlay in the rental I had.

Unlocking the phone got a little aggravating as it cut off what was happening on the head unit (such as phone-based navigation) and above average finger-banging was needed to get things back in order lol.

I also understand, but still hate, why texts aren't displayed on the head unit. Having Siri read out a text, and then ask questions about what to do, got tedious and I would just pick up my phone lol.

-
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
benefit of CP is just being able to say hey look my car has iphone icons on my dash

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
That's pretty cool, thanks. Is there a way to override Siri and use the car's voice prompts? Also, while I'm at it, I'm still looking for a way to turn the screen completely off for night time driving. There's a bezel button for this on my F350, and I use it all the time on dark roads.

Still haven't gotten Accuweather to load with Apple...
If you haven't already try enabling GPS location on the Accuweather app. I found that it was hanging up trying to automatically find a location which was disabled.

However, I've discovered that the Sirius Travelink weather app is much better. It will show a live weather radar map on your screen with no need to have your phone plugged in.
Sponsored