re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Not really correct.. while the intake manifold itself doesn't change anything tune related. In a car with VCT that is optimized for a particular powerband there is definitely gains by modifying it to suit the new higher airflow and powerband.
Agree with this to an extent.
Sponsored

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
think I'm going to try and fit the gt350 tb. so far I'm the only one to try and do this if it works ill post tomorrow night
If you read the FP GT350 intake install instructions; they say to use a new connector for the 2015-2017 cars. The connector part number is there and only requires moving the wires from the OE connector to the GT350 spec connector. Also, the TB CAI tube diameter is larger. So, you will need a CAI tube that fits the GT350 TB.
Cheers,

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
The ecu can compensate. There aren’t any tables for additional airflow. Wide bands are used I believe. The car is gonna flow what it will. You aren’t forcing more flow.
until you have an o2 sensor failure and the car goes massively lean because the base tune is off. IMO relying on short trims is a temporary solution and should not be what we rely on just to save 100 bucks on tune revision.

As someone that has had a car kill three oxygen sensors, getting the base tune as close to on point is better than banking on it compensating.

Last edited:

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
On lunch today I was able to pull my 18 manifold out and plumbed in a second IMRC solinoid. I basically just copied the way the factory 17 vaccum lines were routed. Here's a pic:

2ppg9bs.jpg

I thought this setup would work because it's similar to stock. Cleared the dtcs and took it for a test drive but am still getting a code pending (P2006 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1).

Really figured this was gonna work. It still might and I just have something wrong. Let me know if anyone has ideas or if someone out there had gotten the IMRCs working without CELs on the 18 manifold.

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
On lunch today I was able to pull my 18 manifold out and plumbed in a second IMRC solinoid. I basically just copied the way the factory 17 vaccum lines were routed. Here's a pic:

2ppg9bs.jpg

I thought this setup would work because it's similar to stock. Cleared the dtcs and took it for a test drive but am still getting a code pending (P2006 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1).

Really figured this was gonna work. It still might and I just have something wrong. Let me know if anyone has ideas or if someone out there had gotten the IMRCs working without CELs on the 18 manifold.

Did you say the code follows which side you dont have plugged in or is it always bank 1?

Sponsored

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I see a few people have them installed, so what's the word on vacuum hose size?

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
With this setup both IMRC solenoids are plugged in to the harness & plumbed into vacuum similar to the stock setup.

The code is specifically for Bank 1. I'm thinking I should just troubleshoot the code. It might just be a bad connection on the pigtail or maybe the IMRC is actually getting hung up or stuck closed somehow.

I'm hoping to get back out in the garage tonight. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Do you still have the stock sensors off the 15-17 manifold. GT350 has same type of sensors as GT manifold.

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
With this setup both IMRC solenoids are plugged in to the harness & plumbed into vacuum similar to the stock setup.

The code is specifically for Bank 1. I'm thinking I should just troubleshoot the code. It might just be a bad connection on the pigtail or maybe the IMRC is actually getting hung up or stuck closed somehow.

I'm hoping to get back out in the garage tonight. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

if the code is always on bank 1 no matter what you unplug/move I'm guessing you have that side's signal connector mis wired..

Can you plug the signal wires (the ones with new pigtails) onto opposite sides?

If you swap them and the code doesn't move then I'd look at the wiring itself.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 sensors might require sometime for tuners to figure out. Might be able to plumb it's in the same way as the GT350 intake manifold but would require the use of the stock 15 through 17 sensors. Or it might just be the actuators that will require some kind of time for tuners figure out since they're the ones that require different pigtails. Or you might just have a defective one on Bank One sensor.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it is the wiring let us know if it's a different way that was specified so others don't have the same issue best of luck.

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
Really appreciating your info on the imrc and plumbing/wiring. It’s what I ultimately want to run, but got impatient.

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550

Thanks for pioneering this install for everyone. Your info is helpful and confusing at the same time. Can you give me some clarity on your issues?

So you wired in the factory 15-17 pigtails to IMRC actuators, correct?
This is where I’m confused, I guess there are IMRC sensors as well? These sensors are giving you trouble? Is this the issue where people are saying that there are two plugs on the harness but only one sensor on the 18’ manifold? Shouldn’t your tuner be able to work around the cel issue? Who’s your tuner? So if you have answerd some of these questions already. Thanks for the help

wagnor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ordered and shipping info.

My pigtails just shipped today. Ordered on 2/21.

Intake ordered on 2/5. Delivery scheduled today.
Sponsored