[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

taccone805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550
Anyone selling the pigtails and have them in stock? Had to cancel my order because of the backorder deal. Manifold is scheduled to arrive Friday
I would just do the mmr lock out that’s what I’m doing you only lose tq at the low end like 2k I launch at 3500

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Yeah I've been calling around, I live in CA and ended up trying a dealership out in NY with the part being so hard to find. I don't like the tq loss even how small it is, and the mpg hit doesn't help either. Not building this car for mpg but u know what I'm saying lol. Going to go with lockouts for now

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just lockout the IMRC's with zipties. I'm not spending an additional $70 for a lockout kit.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
So if you go with the lockouts, then its just a matter of rerouting some vacuum lines?

Anything else needed?

I am eager to try this out after I install my PP1 this spring.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Been looking to keep the IMRC, by the time I get my Mani ported they should already be here. One thing seems to be is the actuator issue as there is two plugs and only one sensor on the 18 manifold. So considering wiring two to one sensor or adding a second sensor, reason being preventing a not ready code for California emissions.

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
Been looking to keep the IMRC, by the time I get my Mani ported they should already be here. One thing seems to be is the actuator issue as there is two plugs and only one sensor on the 18 manifold. So considering wiring two to one sensor or adding a second sensor, reason being preventing a not ready code for California emissions.
shit, I didn't even think about the not ready code and smogging the car. guess i'll have to find me some pigtails :frusty:

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want the imrc active as well, but I'm coming to the point of realizing that for me at least, there is to much that goes into it with the 18 manifold being young in this setup and not really tested and figured out. It's already proven to gain over the gt350 manifold, which I have, so I'm just going to rock it with the imrc locked out and wait for things to develop. I've yet to hear results from anyone who has used the pigtails. Don't even know if that is for sure working properly. I've installed my gt350 mani, jlt cai, t stat, eibach springs and tinted lights kit, that pretty much sums up my experience in modding so far. I'm still in noob phases lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I want the imrc active as well, but I'm coming to the point of realizing that for me at least, there is to much that goes into it with the 18 manifold being young in this setup and not really tested and figured out. It's already proven to gain over the gt350 manifold, which I have, so I'm just going to rock it with the imrc locked out and wait for things to develop. I've yet to hear results from anyone who has used the pigtails. Don't even know if that is for sure working properly. I've installed my gt350 mani, jlt cai, t stat, eibach springs and tinted lights kit, that pretty much sums up my experience in modding so far. I'm still in noob phases lol.
Yes this is why Ford is using the GT350 manifold as a power adder for the Bullitt. C'mon guys. :tsk:

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes this is why Ford is using the GT350 manifold as a power adder for the Bullitt. C'mon guys. :tsk:
Until the bullit it released, i'm not really taking the specs as gold. If ford has officially said that it will be a gt350 manifold, I stand corrected. Based on the 15-17 platform, the 18 manifold has an edge on the gt350 as of now. The 18's port/direct injection setup, among other things, changes a lot

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Until the bullit it released, i'm not really taking the specs as gold. If ford has officially said that it will be a gt350 manifold, I stand corrected. Based on the 15-17 platform, the 18 manifold has an edge on the gt350 as of now. The 18's port/direct injection setup, among other things, changes a lot
Nothing about the dual injection is a power detractor. They have said it's the GT350 manifold, and they have said over 475 HP.

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing about the dual injection is a power detractor. They have said it's the GT350 manifold, and they have said over 475 HP.
Well if it ends up being the same gt350 manifold, that's what's up. I have both manifolds and will find out personally which performs better for me. Like I said, i'm going to try the 18 mani with imrc's locked out for now and wait for development. More than enough examples of the gains for the 15-17's recorded out there. I'll try it out for $273 no problem

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well if it ends up being the same gt350 manifold, that's what's up. I have both manifolds and will find out personally which performs better for me. Like I said, i'm going to try the 18 mani with imrc's locked out for now and wait for development. More than enough examples of the gains for the 15-17's recorded out there. I'll try it out for $273 no problem
Yeah not saying it's a bad idea to try, it isn't, but I could tell you with near certainty that all else being equal, the GT350 manifold will make more power. The 18 should be a bit stronger in the midrange.

taccone805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550
Yeah not saying it's a bad idea to try, it isn't, but I could tell you with near certainty that all else being equal, the GT350 manifold will make more power. The 18 should be a bit stronger in the midrange.
the only thing that is stronger is at high rpm 8k. my intakes are fine at 7500 rpm