Sponsored

Always check your build date before purchase!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This is why I can't wait for machines/robots to do everything. You don't have to worry about that shit. Consistency 99.9% of the time.
Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
So is the build date the day it was started? Finished? No way these cars are even assembled in 1 day.

My car was built on my ex wife's b day. It's nice to replace everything about that cheating whore.

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So is the build date the day it was started? Finished? No way these cars are even assembled in 1 day.
You'd be astonished at the workings of an assembly line (especially automotive).

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang/2006/2006-ford-mustang/

in 2006 it took 6.5 hours to assemble a Mustang start to finish (not including sub-component build).

I don't think robots help too much. In my case either the ambient temperature (December 23 in Michigan) didn't allow the adhesive to set correctly between the glass and paint or there may have been a bubble in the line.

The VC gasket is a common issue, which i believe comes from under-torqued VC bolts... which are done by a robot.

I believe the Build Date is when the VIN rolls off of the line as a finished product... so Dec 23 would be a product of both Thanksgiving and anticipation of Christmas when many folks may have taken off for extended vacations... those people that are really good at keeping the robots maintained.

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
This thread is bad. I can understand you trying to correlate your build date with problems but the two are unrelated.

1) rear window leaked from factory
2) rear camera doesn't work in freezing weather
3) Valve cover gasket leaked
4) evap core went out before 46,000 miles

1) Your windshield and rear glass are installed by machines, whose adhesive is applied at a constant temp, summer or winter. Blame the QC people
2) Lots of electronics don't work in freezing weather, blame the people who sourced the camera system.
3) A machine torqued your bolts down, probably installed the gasket too. Blame the engineers.
4) Blame Ford.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Don't buy an early car in the model year, my "94" SHO had a mixed bag of parts from all kinds of Taurus. 93 SHO automatic transmission, front swaybar off a 91+, rear swaybar off a SLOW, and god knows what else.

Clearly were grabbing whatever parts they had to get it out the door.
Sponsored