Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That graph looks very similar to a GT350 vs stock mani graph, but with less top end than the GT350. You can see the stock mani is really choking those cams.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have a silly question ...

While I realize the new MY18 engine cover is totally different, are any of the mounting points on the MY18 IM the same as MY15-17? i.e., can you use the OEM engine cover from the 15-17 on the new IM?

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Who’s offering them for purchase right now?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I wonder what the inlet size is on the 18 Mani, if it's 90mm from the looks of the first pic and if not very close, if it's ported and uses a 90mm tb matched with a PMAS intake or JLT intake with a 4.5" rubber cupler then tune it like a GT350 manifold it might make up the difference in power drop and pull on par with the GT350 manifold. Might be a good combo while maintaining more lower end torque. Might have to pick one up and try it out. Edit, ended up ordering one, got it for 260 and change. Will send it in to be ported. Also have to order pigtails, haven't seen any write ups yet for all the hoses. Will also measure intake tb inlet I have a mm measurement tool. Will also measure the runner outlets when I get it and post the pics. Just want to know how much it opens up after porting vs stock. Figured better lower torque throughout the RPM band, better MPG, and looks stock so emissions testing shouldn't be a problem in California.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Bump.

Still waiting for news on a plug & play installation kit.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your order at Koons Ford Parts. Your parts are currently on back order. Currently we are expecting to receive this part in the second week of February. We will ship them via UPS and provide you with a tracking number at that time.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I will be selling mine as soon as I get it. Decided to save up for a SCJ setup.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why no supercharger? You already have a GT350 manifold. You staying all motor? No emissions to worry about in Texas really, why not turbo?

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I will be selling mine as soon as I get it. Decided to save up for a SCJ setup.
Im currently in Demob (thank god!!) I'll be putting my CJ IM, VMP TB, PMAS, Cat deletes, x pipe and Roush axle back on soon. N gauge with lund flex fuel tune aswell. BMR drag spring is only other thing Ive got for chassis so far.

Cannot wait!

Phase 2 will be Circle D converter, cams, and big and littles.

Triple yellow 3.55 gear car too. :cheers: Have 3.73s but dont know if ill swap them. Well see how 3.55s do with the CJ and Circle D tq conv.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why no supercharger? You already have a GT350 manifold. You staying all motor? No emissions to worry about in Texas really, why not turbo?
wish I could afford that buddy. I'll get there someday! I'm shooting for 10's N/A.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when I do get my 18 Mani still not sure how all the plugs will work for the IMRC. Two three pin plugs get swapped out and rewired which is no problem but then there is two more plugs but only one gets plugged in. How is anyone getting around this or do they have a pic?

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
So when I do get my 18 Mani still not sure how all the plugs will work for the IMRC. Two three pin plugs get swapped out and rewired which is no problem but then there is two more plugs but only one gets plugged in. How is anyone getting around this or do they have a pic?
I think most people are just leaving the 2nd 2 pin connector hanging.. Personally I'll be cutting it off and heatshrink/sealing the end for a factory look.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no need to wire in a third plug? Well as long as it works fine I'm all for it.
Sponsored