Sponsored

2018 Mustang goes 10.30's with HO Kit (ON PUMP!?!)

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
i have not seen this video. im curious who he is attacking. cause it sounds like hes calling out wannabe tuners that dont know how to tune DI. ive spent 4 years of my life dedicated to DI tuning. so i would assume this cant be about me. we are using as much DI on the car as possible. the DI is what makes this thing so bad ass. yes we are out of DI way up top in power but even at 846 we are still using %50 of the DI system.
Sponsored

RenegadeRedneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Awesome guys, thanks for responding. Hopefully once the GT500 is released there will be a higher flowing hpfp and bigger injectors available much like the Z06 is benefiting the LT1 guys.

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
its definitely a love/hate relationship with these cars. lol they impress the hell out of me. it stands to reason they could go 9's on pump if you had other supporting mods
No doubt :)

Alex (yolo douchebag) posted a video the other day insinuating that other shops were turning off the DI and running solely on the port injection in the pursuit of big numbers and records in the 1/4. Since PC and Whipple are the ones lightning up the fourms(I agree with you about the single thread by the way) I'd like to know if it's b's or truth.
There is no reason at all to disable the DI system.

The fastest cars currently are still running DI and PI (this goes for all three power adders that I have talked to)

Funny we were talking about just this yesterday. That this pass was impressive for what it was, and we never pushed this setup because we immediately jumped to E85. But this 10.30 pass had some more left in it as the Trans had some shifting issues. We are positive if we would have stuck to this combo a bit longer it would have gone faster.
Exactly, you know... you can always swap back to pump. :) :cheers:

Last edited:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
138mph is no joke on 93 octane and no supporting mods (cat deletes?).

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
yes did have cat deletes. not sure how much that helped though.
Well it lowers boost about 1.25psi, allows more spark and more airflow capacity and eliminates cat protection, which goes to .70 Lambda, which is impossible not to go into in a 1/4 mile. I would say that's quite a difference.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it lowers boost about 1.25psi, allows more spark and more airflow capacity and eliminates cat protection, which goes to .70 Lambda, which is impossible not to go into in a 1/4 mile. I would say that's quite a difference.

probably true. i think erik was fighting the same thing. i meant we never ran the car with cats so i couldn't say. i saw your guys car run. VERY impressive. that TQ curve is pretty sick!!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Never thought about it that completely. Thanks. One more aspect I never considered was the need for COT.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
probably true. i think erik was fighting the same thing. i meant we never ran the car with cats so i couldn't say. i saw your guys car run. VERY impressive. that TQ curve is pretty sick!!
Thank you! Yup cats get hot fast in the 1/4 mile, by half track you have to control them which results in lower HP and higher chance of knock. We’ve got the shifting I think spot on now after those runs, having that extra 200 Per gear and not shifting 6th to 7th at 6500 should be pushing it near a 9 and 140. These new motors are incredible.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Never thought about it that completely. Thanks. One more aspect I never considered was the need for COT.
A necessary evil so to speak. If you don’t control it, there not living. Just wait until the gas cars get particulate filters, that’s gonna be fun!

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A necessary evil so to speak. If you don’t control it, there not living. Just wait until the gas cars get particulate filters, that’s gonna be fun!

yah i see the writing on the wall with that one as well. now that DI is the future, we know that DI puts out more hydrocarbons so i see particulate filters coming just like diesels.

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Like when our car stone stock (stock tune) threw the cats out on the 5th loaded dyno pull. :( And my buddies stone stock GT350 ate a set at his first track day (also stock car).

But ya, the particulate filters is going to be a bugger. Just the wonderful things we have to look forward to. Dang soot and DI...

yah i see the writing on the wall with that one as well. now that DI is the future, we know that DI puts out more hydrocarbons so i see particulate filters coming just like diesels.
Oh they are, just chatting with the emissions guys, its going to be sooner then you think. :(
Sponsored

Last edited: