Sponsored

At a local dealership.........this arrived

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
As I am shopping for cars right now and looking at options a 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE (equivalent to a loaded Mustang with PP2) is $54K or so MSRP with a manual. You can easily get into the $56K range or more with an automatic and some appearance stuff.

The Mustang it pretty much inline with the competition here.
I think people just bitch because the Camaro has more aggressive discounting right now. An '18 SS 1LE can be found for about 42K.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
People are bitching because everyone has a different opinion of value, that simple.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I think people just bitch because the Camaro has more aggressive discounting right now. An '18 SS 1LE can be found for about 42K.
Right but a 2SS 1LE is expensive Just like a loaded Mustang where it will cost over $50K. Near me a 2SS with 1LE package (manual) is running in low $50K range after discounts.

I would say a 1SS 1LE Camaro is more closely aligned to a 2018 GT w/301A package, PP2, and active exhaust (MSRP $45,390). If you factor in discounts you are right there, $41K range.

Camaro 1LE is still likely going to be the better track focused car, but the Mustang will be more liveable fo daily driving and practicality. And it looks better :)

Ford has upped the game with the 2018's but the price went up.

OP
OP

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Just some pics of a Mustang GT Premium , Shadow Black. It was at one of my local dealerships. Interesting combination. How does the Midnight blue Recaros go with a Shadow Black exterior ?. Not a fully loaded Premium. 401A, 10 speed, spoiler delete & PP1 options. Sticker $49,380. Just under the 50K mark.Note: resized larger picture was taken from NEW YORK MUSTANGS.COM.
This Mustang is now sold.
8cfabb8989947183600c4c704a841ef8_57238.jpg
a16e6213a9d9cbcd83ec35608f0977a1_57237.jpg

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I like the color stitching. First mod I recommend is painting the calipers the same color. Bitch is going to POP!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nice. Congrats.

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
The shadow black has blue metallic flakes in it, so to me blue is a natural accent choice.
I have never noticed any blue metallic flakes in my shadow black GT. I've seen the colors used for the paint and didn't see anything close to metallic flakes. I could be wrong though... :shrug::shrug:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Black goes with anything........congrats! One of my favorite colors for a Mustang.:thumbsup:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on what each person considers "must haves" and "important" when car shopping.

Me personally, I don't think the styling differences between the '18 and the '15-17 are that big of a deal. I really like the digital gauge cluster, but not a fan of having to order a Premium etc - other things I really don't care about enough to pay extra for.

The 10 speed auto seems to be a great improvement, but I would never personally buy an automatic daily or performance car. I've been driving a stick everyday (yes in traffic as well) for over 20 years. I just feel more "engaged" with the car - again that's just a personal opinion / feeling.

I did built an '18 out with exactly what I wanted and the sticker was a tick under 50K. That was 6 speed, 401A (digital cluster), Recaro seats etc.

I really don't care for any of the electronic nannies - again personal choice. Don't really want leather, but unless I'm missing something it's impossible to get the digital cluster without it - so I'd go for Recaro seats at that point.

Used prices will reflect the market. For the next 6 months or so, there will be a good number of low mile, used '15-17 Mustangs out there because a lot of owners buy the GT as a weekend toy - not a daily driver. Local dealer has a '16 GT- PP and 6 speed. Bone stock. 5.5K miles. $27.5k

My local dealer, where I got my '17 V6 car (the only reason I bought new was because of the deal I got) has a '18 GT with PP, 6 speed in Orange Fury. Sticker is @ $40K. I can get that car for $35K OTD - that includes the $1500 Ford incentive going right now.

Of course if you add options and the sticker climbs - so does the margin the dealer has for discounts.

A co worker is looking at a GT (Among a few other cars) since his son just graduated college, got a job and wants to buy his Vette. (They both worked on it doing a lot of mods etc).

He is still deciding on whether or not he wants a PP + Premium car or start with a base car, since he's going to modify it anyway.

He got an offer from a local dealer on a car they have ordered - 18 GT Premium with 6 speed, PP, Magnaride, Safe and Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker Audio, 401A (digital cluster) and PP1. Sticker is a tick over $53K.

Their OTD price was a tick under $47k and that included Taxes, Tag etc. Same dealer offered a '18 GT Base (no PP) with 6 speed for $32K OTD.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
The fact that Ford can't just toss on some black lug nuts to go with the PP wheels still always kills me.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
It all depends on what each person considers "must haves" and "important" when car shopping.

Me personally, I don't think the styling differences between the '18 and the '15-17 are that big of a deal. I really like the digital gauge cluster, but not a fan of having to order a Premium etc - other things I really don't care about enough to pay extra for.

The 10 speed auto seems to be a great improvement, but I would never personally buy an automatic daily or performance car. I've been driving a stick everyday (yes in traffic as well) for over 20 years. I just feel more "engaged" with the car - again that's just a personal opinion / feeling.

I did built an '18 out with exactly what I wanted and the sticker was a tick under 50K. That was 6 speed, 401A (digital cluster), Recaro seats etc.

I really don't care for any of the electronic nannies - again personal choice. Don't really want leather, but unless I'm missing something it's impossible to get the digital cluster without it - so I'd go for Recaro seats at that point.

Used prices will reflect the market. For the next 6 months or so, there will be a good number of low mile, used '15-17 Mustangs out there because a lot of owners buy the GT as a weekend toy - not a daily driver. Local dealer has a '16 GT- PP and 6 speed. Bone stock. 5.5K miles. $27.5k

My local dealer, where I got my '17 V6 car (the only reason I bought new was because of the deal I got) has a '18 GT with PP, 6 speed in Orange Fury. Sticker is @ $40K. I can get that car for $35K OTD - that includes the $1500 Ford incentive going right now.

Of course if you add options and the sticker climbs - so does the margin the dealer has for discounts.

A co worker is looking at a GT (Among a few other cars) since his son just graduated college, got a job and wants to buy his Vette. (They both worked on it doing a lot of mods etc).

He is still deciding on whether or not he wants a PP + Premium car or start with a base car, since he's going to modify it anyway.

He got an offer from a local dealer on a car they have ordered - 18 GT Premium with 6 speed, PP, Magnaride, Safe and Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker Audio, 401A (digital cluster) and PP1. Sticker is a tick over $53K.

Their OTD price was a tick under $47k and that included Taxes, Tag etc. Same dealer offered a '18 GT Base (no PP) with 6 speed for $32K OTD.
Do you mind sharing the details of this dealer? Their prices seem to be very competitive.
Sponsored