Sponsored

6-7-8-9-10 speed drive selection for the A10, crazy idea ?

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I was just wondering with all the customization you have in cars these days, driving modes, MagneRide, active exhaust, digital display, steering selection lots of stuff.

Would it make sense for a transmissions like this A10 to have the option to have it behave differently ? So you could select to behave as a 6-7-8-9 or 10 speed ?

I understand the 10 gears are selected to work together but since some people might feel more comfortable with less gear shifts or prefere the revs to climb from further down instead of the CVT feel. I can even imagine it would be great for paddle shifting if it didn't have to go through that many gears.

Dunno seen a lot of peoples experience some are overwhelmingly good others are really not a fan of the gear hunting etc. Even though I am 100% convinced this just down to learning and adapting to the A10 when driving, hesitant gas input will ofc make it hunt for gears (the car is also thinking make up your darn mind already with how fast you wanna go :D).
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The tuners have been tuning the auto transmissions for years now. It's probably already available. Not necessarily having it use fewer gears, but different shift programming. Plus the car has different shift programs right from the factory.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
This thread starting with post 821 has some autocrosser input on the 10A will be be updated as we get more experience. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24778&page=55

So far for me in mixed around town, back road in traffic, and freeway driving in "D" hunting and "CVT" have not been issues. I don't have significant "S" experience or Sport + or Track drive mode experience other than to note that shifts are smooth and quick including rev matching downshifts.
Sponsored