Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I like that you placea 2x4 block in front of your front wheels to prevent from rolling while you don't have the transmission in gear, nor the e-brake up for long storage.:thumbsup: I do the same thing b/c my GT sits for extended periods of time as well, except I don't use a block as my garage floor is pretty level. I will leave the parking brake up for about a week and then let it down as the rotors and wheels tend to "stick."

Exactly! I also have a trickle charger connected and I jack up the car every few weeks and give the wheels a 1/4 turn to reduce the chance of flat spots.
Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Exactly! I also have a trickle charger connected and I jack up the car every few weeks and give the wheels a 1/4 turn to reduce the chance of flat spots.
That is some dedication. I just let mine sit, this past spring i worked the flat spots in the rear tires out on the dyno lol.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
If they are unidirectional tires...hope you spun them in the right direction!! :lol:

Tough for me to do here in Mexico for 5 months!!!:cheers:

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Yeah buddy. I use a good 'ol battery tender and marine sta-bil as well. You got me with the tire rotation thou...you win. That's some serious self-control to let it sit that long. I try to run it through my neighborhood once a month or so for about 10 mins and go through all the gears just to get the fluids going.

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah buddy. I use a good 'ol battery tender and marine sta-bil as well. You got me with the tire rotation thou...you win. That's some serious self-control to let it sit that long. I try to run it through my neighborhood once a month or so for about 10 mins and go through all the gears just to get the fluids going.

Yes... Fuel stabilizer also!
It only takes about 15 min to spin 4 tires. I did the same thing last year, except I left an interior light on and the tender came unplugged.

Dead battery in the spring :frusty:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Unfortunately Santa is bringing it, and I am not permitted to open it..

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
I don't have my Car yet, but I have ordered Hood Struts, Oil Separator and Tail Light Sequencers. I just got word today that my car is in Production. Should see it sometime in Jan.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Not today but over the weekend a fellow car club member, [MENTION=15644]96MUSTANG06[/MENTION] and I organized a benefit car show.

39001665281_d9e1ee2eb9_z.jpg

39022383591_ea7e7f4acc_z.jpg

39022382301_4c539c8b25_z.jpg

25151279908_e547afa94c_z.jpg

25151260628_90da1ed52a_z.jpg

39022385141_04e3eef8f3_z.jpg

25151552438_8ec1c931e1_z.jpg

24157108647_2419a8d73f_z.jpg

38307883234_3b08a2b544_z.jpg

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
How is the Drive in Winter after putting the Winter Tires, has your Confidence Level increased to 101? I am planning to get the same Blizzaks this weekend.
I'll chime in being a first time winter tire buyer, specifically Blizzak LM32s.

We didn't get packed with snow, but it was enough to test them out while it lasted...and they're a HELL OF a lot better than I expected. I did it around my neighborhood with nobody around, didn't pick up more than 25MPH, but it was enough to get a feel for how they'd behave if I have to drive in snow or on ice that may be on the road.

Let's compare to the Pirelli All Season tires that came with my car which made it a living hell to drive in slick/dry cold/wet/snow...hell even warm conditions. These are absolute shit, to the point where I'd say the Blizzaks outperform these tires even above 60F. Literally like having hockey pucks coated with Teflon.

Don't get me wrong, these tires don't turn your car into a winter AutoX corner beast, and you still have to exercise extreme caution but they work really damn well. Didn't have trouble driving over ice, no traction issues in the cold and dry, no issues when it's wet, and most importantly they actually grip and let you take off in snow without much slipping. Stopping on ice of course makes you slide if you hammer the brake, but if you ease into it they don't lose grip as easily and bring the car to a stop in much less distance than the all season's I had.

You are correct in saying that confidence level rises but you have to be cautious. Don't be like the AWD/4WD/4X4 people during winter that think snow is their bitch just because all 4 wheels are propelling them forward, you still have to keep extra distance between you and a car in front of you while driving in bad conditions. I also wouldn't go attempting to take highway on/off ramps at a high speed, though when it's actually dry out they do handle nicely in the cold.

Downsides...they're squishy when it's over 40F out so the car has a boaty feel to it. Not really a downside since they aren't designed for warm weather to begin with. Likewise the Pirellis aren't designed to be mounted on a wheel that belongs to a vehicle and should instead be used for a tire swing or something to sit on while working on the car on your driveway.

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
I like the plaque holder in picture number 7.
Sponsored