2018 Australia

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
there is a mustang mods facebook page ??
Yeah it’s “S550 GT Australia MODS PAGE”.

Fair warning, it was created by a handful of us who are mates, and we do not hold back. Its is an “anything goes” page

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Reckon they might be 17s, tail lights and exhausts look like it? Good to see - if the article is correct - that we're getting MagneRide. Cost of the LCD display will be interesting.

Anyone got indicative pricing on the car yet and what options are available?

Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
my guess is base pp car around $60k (automatic) as per 2015.

other car offer digital display around 3k
and adaptive dampers are around 5k ?

$70k drive away ?

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reckon they might be 17s, tail lights and exhausts look like it? Good to see - if the article is correct - that we're getting MagneRide. Cost of the LCD display will be interesting.

Anyone got indicative pricing on the car yet and what options are available?
I read the article as 'option abroad' meaning US, as in it's an option for the US specs. Would be great to see if it's an option available here.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I read the article as 'option abroad' meaning US, as in it's an option for the US specs. Would be great to see if it's an option available here.
ford au probably do what they are doing now.. u get a one price with option of manual or auto. but all the options ticked.. i dont see anyone buying an 18 who will not pick the magna ride or digital display.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford au probably do what they are doing now.. u get a one price with option of manual or auto. but all the options ticked.. i dont see anyone buying an 18 who will not pick the magna ride or digital display.
It all depends, it's a game of pricing isn't it. I'm not sure exactly what $ the digital cluster and magneride suspension adds in the US, but I do know it's a few g's extra.

Ford AU probably don't want to stack on all the extra's if they're going with the single option again, as it will bump up the RRP, and part of the appeal and the success in sales of these cars have been their relatively low sticker prices.

My guess is we get digital dash, and no magneride. Personally I balk at the idea of a digital dash - mechanical or bust.

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
It all depends, it's a game of pricing isn't it. I'm not sure exactly what $ the digital cluster and magneride suspension adds in the US, but I do know it's a few g's extra.

Ford AU probably don't want to stack on all the extra's if they're going with the single option again, as it will bump up the RRP, and part of the appeal and the success in sales of these cars have been their relatively low sticker prices.

My guess is we get digital dash, and no magneride. Personally I balk at the idea of a digital dash - mechanical or bust.
They're talking about loaded GTs being $50 K in the US (on You.Tube so gotta be true) - reckon that translates to $ 75 k Oz drive away

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
ford au will try to keep the price similar to current mustang, if not a little higher, so expect around 65k-70k we won't get the magneride option, but digital dash is pretty much a given, they want the product to look a premuim, but things that people can't see on the lot won't matter too much to the bean counters.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Agree, if one or the other digi will win. Most punters won't know what MR is so low risk in not bringing it, and better for keeping MSRP down.

MustangScooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Manual, Lightning Blue
Anyone know of anyone who has seen the one in Melbourne some more? At least hood vents are in

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
ford au will try to keep the price similar to current mustang, if not a little higher, so expect around 65k-70k we won't get the magneride option, but digital dash is pretty much a given, they want the product to look a premuim, but things that people can't see on the lot won't matter too much to the bean counters.
I just wonder though whether Ford Australia will use the opportunity for a price increase? Current model way out sold their expectations, and when you consider there's no local V8 available, they could sell at a premium. When you consider that the Camaro's that GM are bringing here and converting with be pushing $90K I suggest there's a good chance that the 2018 will be closer to the $70K mark.

Time will tell
Sponsored