disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
You sold a GT350 to get a 10 speed droney flappy paddle! :confused:
Ford, please bring the GT350 to the UK instead of 10 speeds, quiet exhaust modes etc etc. We want a simple exhilarating driving experience not a data centre on wheels, after all I thought that was the essence of a Mustang. We want a Mustang not another Audi/Merc etc.
why does my own reasoning for doing something have to bring on a comment like that? i honestly answered and this is what i get? i contribute a lot to these boards by finding a lot of things before others, i dont think i have to justify why i do something.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Is quiet on the 18 as loud or louder than 15-17 GTs OEM exhaust? It sounds like it. If that is the case then Ford needs to make things right as that is ridiculous.. I suggest extremely reduced costs on a Ford performance touring exhaust for 15-17 owners.

Last edited:

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
There's a lot of hate towards something that we really don't even have a good look at yet. Why don't ya'll wait till you hear it in person before you start demanding price drops on a product because you're speculating something is ridiculous after watching a < 1 minute video on the subject.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
why does my own reasoning for doing something have to bring on a comment like that? i honestly answered and this is what i get? i contribute a lot to these boards by finding a lot of things before others, i dont think i have to justify why i do something.
Beginning in '66 all GT350's were available with autos, and from '67-'70 automatics could be had on GT500's. Carroll Shelby owned a 289 Cobra with a C-4.

I'd give up a testicle to own any original Shelby regardless of trans. I see no problem with an auto in an S550 GT350.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
We'll have valved aftermarket systems available that offer multiple sounds within the same exhaust and we'll also have non-valved systems available. Everything we offer will sound noticeably different from stock in all modes.

Watch out for our newest, patented technology to be offered on the 2018 Mustangs as well. It's the perfect platform to debut this technology.

Some like valves, others despise them. Regardless of which side you're on we'll have something that meets your needs.
Will there be separate systems for installing on a 2018 w/ active valve and non active valve mustangs? For example, would it be plug and play right into the system with an 18 that came with the option stock?

Sponsored

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Will there be separate systems for installing on a 2018 w/ active valve and non active valve mustangs? For example, would it be plug and play right into the system with an 18 that came with the option stock?
For sure.

We're already in development, totally separate product lines for valved and non-valved systems. We've developed our own valves that operate seamlessly with the OE architecture. Multiple sound level choices as well as at least 3 different tip styles, including carbon fiber for each product line. Patented ATAK technology as one sound level option, of course, but look out for something new from us as well. We've developed a new patent that gives us the opportunity to do something different. Will keep you posted on the development when we're ready to show you guys.

db

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
So the quiet mode is 72 db. I can't find the video where a guy tested it, but I believe that is as loud or louder than the OEM on the 15-17 GT. That is pathetic. Happy for 18 owners but man did we get screwed in that area.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
For sure.

We're already in development, totally separate product lines for valved and non-valved systems. We've developed our own valves that operate seamlessly with the OE architecture. Multiple sound level choices as well as at least 3 different tip styles, including carbon fiber for each product line. Patented ATAK technology as one sound level option, of course, but look out for something new from us as well. We've developed a new patent that gives us the opportunity to do something different. Will keep you posted on the development when we're ready to show you guys.

db
How will pricing for your active system compare to ford - roughly

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Im wondering if this is done inside the resonator or in the muffler...Could you remove the resonator and increase the sound?

Im sure quiet wouldnt be near as "quiet" but sport and track would be killer. Plus shed that extra weight

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
For sure.

db

and will it be controllable with the in dash mode selector?

Sponsored

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How will pricing for your active system compare to ford - roughly
Apologize in advance for the long answer but there's more to this question than you might think. Great question btw....

The only cars that will have the bi-modal exhaust architecture are the North American Premium Edition GT and all GT Global Cars. These cars will have actuators to control the bi-modal exhaust valves and these actuators are hard-wired by Ford into the car's computer system which governs the opening and closing of the valves.

The base model GT, or all non "Premium Edition" GT models, as well as the 4 Cylinder, will not have actuators hard-wired by Ford into the car's computer system, and the computer will not be programmed to govern the opening and closing of the exhaust valves because there are no valves on these cars from the factory.

As with everything we do, our systems will be an upgrade over the original exhaust in sound, power, durability and performance.

So, we're going to offer a whole slew of bi-modal exhaust options for The Premium Edition, with different sound level options for both modes. What I mean is, we'll have a variety of options in tonality and decibel level for both the closed and open positions. Not just "loud and quiet" but different tones and notes as well. We'll use the existing actuators and architecture to accomplish this and the computer won't even know the exhaust has been changed out. You'll just get a much different and more unique sound, or 2 sounds in this case, that's catered to your individuality with a bit more power, significantly more durability and depending on which of our tip options you pick, a different look as well. All syncing seamlessly with the OE "bi-modal" strategy.

For the models that don't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory - While it's certainly possible to create aftermarket actuators, hard-wire them to the computer and hack into the computer system to add the program necessary to control the actuators we wouldn't recommend it. So, for the models that don't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory we're going to offer "single mode" exhaust systems that don't have valves and are not bi-modal. We'll also offer a variety of sound level options with different decibel levels, tones and notes as well, but I'm not sure that we'll offer an option to turn a car that doesn't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory into one with a bi-modal exhaust. While our bi-modal exhaust systems will probably fit the models that don't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory, without actuators, wires and the program the bi-modal function won't work. Make sense?

I'm really excited about the carbon fiber tip design we're working on for the 2018 Mustang and we'll also offer bright chrome and black chrome tips as well.

Since enthusiasts will turn these cars into purpose built race cars we'll offer long tube headers also and of course a whole other line of exhaust systems specifically made for long tube headers (even if they're not our long tubes), with and without valves.

I know I didn't answer your question directly but I hope I provided the clarity you're looking for.

Any more questions, please let me know.

Reactions: PKs

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is quiet on the 18 as loud or louder than 15-17 GTs OEM exhaust? It sounds like it. If that is the case then Ford needs to make things right as that is ridiculous.. I suggest extremely reduced costs on a Ford performance touring exhaust for 15-17 owners.
Exhaust intensity level is not exactly a priority. This car is NOT marketed to you specifically. You are an enthusiast. The majority of Mustang owners are NOT enthusiasts. You just happened to have found a collective of those who are like in M6G. I promise you that the majority of even GT owners out there have zero interest in modifying their cars. Your logic for entitlement to reduced pricing on a top tier quality performance exhaust is beyond flawed.

EDIT: that would be like saying all '15 - '17 owners should get a brand new Gen 3 Coyote for peanuts because they revamped the engine. Again, flawed. That's why you paid for what you got and the '18 cars are more expensive. That is also why the dual mode exhaust on the '18 GT costs $1500. Non dual mode exhaust cars will be just as quiet as yours. Get over yourself.

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Apologize in advance for the long answer but there's more to this question than you might think. Great question btw....

The only cars that will have the bi-modal exhaust architecture are the North American Premium Edition GT and all GT Global Cars. These cars will have actuators to control the bi-modal exhaust valves and these actuators are hard-wired by Ford into the car's computer system which governs the opening and closing of the valves.

The base model GT, or all non "Premium Edition" GT models, as well as the 4 Cylinder, will not have actuators hard-wired by Ford into the car's computer system, and the computer will not be programmed to govern the opening and closing of the exhaust valves because there are no valves on these cars from the factory.

As with everything we do, our systems will be an upgrade over the original exhaust in sound, power, durability and performance.

So, we're going to offer a whole slew of bi-modal exhaust options for The Premium Edition, with different sound level options for both modes. What I mean is, we'll have a variety of options in tonality and decibel level for both the closed and open positions. Not just "loud and quiet" but different tones and notes as well. We'll use the existing actuators and architecture to accomplish this and the computer won't even know the exhaust has been changed out. You'll just get a much different and more unique sound, or 2 sounds in this case, that's catered to your individuality with a bit more power, significantly more durability and depending on which of our tip options you pick, a different look as well. All syncing seamlessly with the OE "bi-modal" strategy.

For the models that don't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory - While it's certainly possible to create aftermarket actuators, hard-wire them to the computer and hack into the computer system to add the program necessary to control the actuators we wouldn't recommend it. So, for the models that don't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory we're going to offer "single mode" exhaust systems that don't have valves and are not bi-modal. We'll also offer a variety of sound level options with different decibel levels, tones and notes as well, but I'm not sure that we'll offer an option to turn a car that doesn't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory into one with a bi-modal exhaust. While our bi-modal exhaust systems will probably fit the models that don't come with a bi-modal exhaust from the factory, without actuators, wires and the program the bi-modal function won't work. Make sense?

I'm really excited about the carbon fiber tip design we're working on for the 2018 Mustang and we'll also offer bright chrome and black chrome tips as well.

Since enthusiasts will turn these cars into purpose built race cars we'll offer long tube headers also and of course a whole other line of exhaust systems specifically made for long tube headers (even if they're not our long tubes), with and without valves.

I know I didn't answer your question directly but I hope I provided the clarity you're looking for.

Any more questions, please let me know.
Forgot to mention that the "Ford Performance By Borla" systems will offer a similar strategy to what I've written above.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Forgot to mention that the "Ford Performance By Borla" systems will offer a similar strategy to what I've written above.
Just for clarity - do you have to order the Active Exhaust from Ford to get the actuators that control the bi-modal exhaust valves or will the Premium still have those even if the Active Exhaust isn't ordered?
Sponsored