Sponsored

2018 Performance Pack - A big step BACKWARDS

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I think a lot of people get the PP because they find the stock GT ride too soft and like the brakes and don't want to cobble together an aftermarket solution.
This was exactly right. These Brembos are fantastic.

And the real track guys would understand the value of the Brembos, torsen diff and bigger radiator. For the previous $2500 premium, it was a no-brainer....as the aftermarket in those regards are expensive as hell.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Maybe I'm wrong. All you track guys post pics of you tearing up a road course. I expect 10 photos at most.:D

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
This goes back to options need to be ala carte...truly build it how you want. I am still pissed how US owners could not get the performance pack with an auto on 15-17. Why did they think only Europeans wanted that? Made no damn sense. I also would have dropped recaros and kept 255 all around though. Hell I would have done a GT350 on auto. I have no desire for a manual.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think PP2 will be PP + recaros, magneride, active exhaust and the wider wheels/cup 2s coming in at $45-$46k.
Have you not used the 2018 build and price tool?

A base GT with PP and MagneRide and active exhaust is $44,580. The Recaro upgrade on the premium is $1,595, same as it was for 2017 base and premium cars. So let's call it $46,175.

You're saying you think Ford is going to give you Cup 2's and better wheels and it's going to cost anywhere from $175 to $2,175 less than an otherwise identical PP?

That's not how this works.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This goes back to options need to be ala carte...truly build it how you want. I am still pissed how US owners could not get the performance pack with an auto on 15-17. Why did they think only Europeans wanted that? Made no damn sense. I also would have dropped recaros and kept 255 all around though. Hell I would have done a GT350 on auto. I have no desire for a manual.
Methinks you didn't need the PP anyway if you think you wanted 255s on the car.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Why bash people who want PP ? PP Is hardly hardcore enough to be 100% made for the track anyway.

PP is more to separate those who want a traditional Muscle car, which means as cheap as possible. And those who want a Mustang that's more a sports car.

I mean sure 6-piston Brembo's might be overkill but if you are completely honest how is a 5.0 V8 with 400+ HP for the road not overkill ?

And if I had a 400+ car I wouldn't mind having brakes that are slightly overkill.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have you not used the 2018 build and price tool?

A base GT with PP and MagneRide and active exhaust is $44,580. The Recaro upgrade on the premium is $1,595, same as it was for 2017 base and premium cars. So let's call it $46,175.

You're saying you think Ford is going to give you Cup 2's and better wheels and it's going to cost anywhere from $175 to $2,175 less than an otherwise identical PP?

That's not how this works.
Indeed, that's not how packages work. You can't just add up the freestanding options and say 'this is how much the package will cost'. Just look at the Camaro's build and price tool for example.

2018 1SS with the 6 piston front brakes, magnetic ride control and performance exhaust options is ringing up to $43,760. For comparison, a 1SS with the 1LE package is $44,495 which includes those three options plus different springs, rear 4 piston brembos, eLSD, Recaros, 20' forged wheels, Eagle F1 SuperCar tires, HUD, wrapped hood. All that for $735 more. So yeah, that's not how it works.

Also, $1,595 is for the leather recaros. I think the cloth ones were a little cheaper.

Sure, Ford can slap whatever price they want on the PP2. At $46k+, I am out.:crazy:

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Keep in mind while the gt350 is in the price caregory of a z51 corvette it has one clear advantage, room. The shelby's, hellcats, and zl1's of the world while being priced at corvette levels are way roomier than a vette, and that matters.

By the way only talking front seat room not back.
If you're looking at a Corvette and your first priority is a really roomy interior you're doing it wrong. Go buy a Malibu or an Altima.

That being said, the Corvette has about an extra half inch of legroom and slightly less headroom. Hardly worth writing home about and no where near the "way roomier" statement above as far as the front seats go. Either the Mustang or Corvette is just fine for taller people. I'm 6' 2" and fit perfectly fine in the Mustang/Corvette/Camaro.

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Methinks you didn't need the PP anyway if you think you wanted 255s on the car.
I could take advantage of the occasional track day at a place such as driveway Austin with a PP automatic and it would help to have the stiffer suspension. Not every owner of a mustang is going to be an extensive track user. My point is ford should widen the options so aftermarket or FP isn't so mandatory.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Aka carte options drive cost up.

However I think there should be more flexibility with some of these items which are easy to sequence.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Aka carte options drive cost up.

However I think there should be more flexibility with some of these items which are easy to sequence.
Exactly. A big complaint about the 6th gen Camaro was that it came with too many things standard which made it laughably overpriced on the entry level side...

Yet, the cost of the vehicle is still lower overall than if you had the ability to add all the options individually. (At least in theory it should be.)

I hate having to buy a bundled option with 3 things that I couldn't care less about just to get the one thing I want just as much as the next guy, but that makes the grouped options cheaper overall than if I just got one option. I've bitched about this with the Equinox we bought last year. "Oh you want a sunroof? You have to buy the upgraded sound system for that." Really GM?

However then, the only problem with that is that if I was able to pay slightly more for JUST the one option I wanted, the car would have still been cheaper overall.

It's a balance that manufactures are trying to figure out.

All that being said, just give me the option for magnaride by itself. The idea that EVERYONE wants the magnaride only for performance is stupid in my opinion.

I know plenty of people that have bought the mag ride on Corvette/Camaro just because it was a more comfortable ride as a daily driver. I think Ford has a good opportunity to do the same here for people that like the Mustang but want a little bit more comfortable ride around town for the daily commute.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Maybe I'm wrong. All you track guys post pics of you tearing up a road course. I expect 10 photos at most.:D
Hard to get exterior shots on track when you're driving, so I don't have very many.

NJMP/Lightning, with the Optima people

picture.jpg

Mid-Ohio with some Camaro5 guys

picture.jpg

NJMP/Thunderbolt

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

But I can get you thousands of pictures that look something like this one ↓↓↓ . . .

picture.jpg

Don't forget to count my avatar pic ;)

Norm

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If you're looking at a Corvette and your first priority is a really roomy interior you're doing it wrong. Go buy a Malibu or an Altima.

That being said, the Corvette has about an extra half inch of legroom and slightly less headroom. Hardly worth writing home about and no where near the "way roomier" statement above as far as the front seats go. Either the Mustang or Corvette is just fine for taller people. I'm 6' 2" and fit perfectly fine in the Mustang/Corvette/Camaro.
In what world are altimas or malibu's sports cars? :headbonk: I'm 300# and muscle cars are simply more roomy than a vette. U must have misunderstood me. Kinda thought my skinny guy comment alluded to size not height.

Also I said that people looking for a vette are not cross shopping with mustangs, perhaps you should re read my post.
Sponsored