2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Jaysuss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboostw/perf pkg
Order guide indicated the forged wheels available at a later date. Was looking for that same combo in new build and price but not there because of the later availability.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Wow, a built GT 401A puts you right there at GT350 prices.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Hmm I remember reading there would be "12 different wheel options" ...looking looking :shrug:

(I do know the new nickel forged 19" wheel is late availability but still)

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The 2018 pricing doesn't push me more towards Camaro. It does push me more towards a 2017 before you can't find one.. guess I'll find out at the end of the year what prices really are. MSRP on my spec out 2017 is 43k and otd at 35. So if the 2018 drops once they are stocked on lots and not ordered i.e. After the hype has died down, then I don't think it's such a bad deal. Really makes me consider a 2017 and trade for the s650 4 years or so down the road since I trade in ever 3-4 years

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Ford if you are reading this please don't give Motortrend, Car and Driver, and Road and Track a fully loaded manual GTPP for their review and testing. A base GTPP with Magna Ride and 10 speed automatic running on 93 octane must be the choice of weapon. This is serious. Ford please listen! I don't want to see another 3820+ lbs review fiasco again!

Sponsored

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Delusional if you think any 17 owner will be trading up for this. Prices at over 50k fully loaded?? LOL. You can buy a slightly used Stingray for close to that.

Also a tune with CAI and an alignment nod the performance is the same.
Still won't have the performance cuz it will be missing the 10-speed auto and drag mode. I did a build with the x-plan and got about $43k for a 301A base with performance pack and magneride. The rest of the options are just throwing money down the drain. Still though would be a lot cheaper than that if u don't want the performance pack and magneride.

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Delusional if you think any 17 owner will be trading up for this. Prices at over 50k fully loaded?? LOL. You can buy a slightly used Stingray for close to that.

Also a tune with CAI and an alignment nod the performance is the same.
yes cause rebates and dealer discounts dont exist. i never said that people will make the jump immediately but once its been out for a few months there will be plenty that do. look at all of the people on these forums that have dumped a 15 for a 16 or a 16 for a 17. to say no one will is the delusion.

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Idk but I like those rims on the black accent package better than the ones with the performance package. So a net of $40,839 for a premium (without the performance pack and magneride) with the black accent package (only because I like the rims) and with a spare wheel doesn't sound half bad tbh

Sponsored

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
I think ford execs have been spending a lot of time on BMW and MB websites doing build and price. :tsk:

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I think ford execs have been spending a lot of time on BMW and MB websites doing build and price. :tsk:

Not necessarily.....
When Chevrolet released 6th Gen Camaro, the price was also increased in comparison to the 5th Gen. HP was increased to 455, while exterior went through a change as well..... and the price went up. The 'Camaro crowd' wasn't pleased, however, it didn't prevent them from trading/upgrading to the new model.
Ford knows that they need to stay competitive..... they are also confident that '18 is as good if not better than the Camaro.... they also know the value of their new and improved Mustang. Personally, I believe that with the new redesigned engine, suspension and optional PP2..... it's worth every penny. Especially, when compared to the price of 1LE SS.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Still won't have the performance cuz it will be missing the 10-speed auto and drag mode. I did a build with the x-plan and got about $43k for a 301A base with performance pack and magneride. The rest of the options are just throwing money down the drain. Still though would be a lot cheaper than that if u don't want the performance pack and magneride.
Does the PP come with 10 speed? Don't you also have to include rhst as an option otherwise it's 6?

Also the performance will come close. The question then becomes is 2 tenths of a second in the 0-60/quarter mile worth the extra 15 k?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
New pricing will make me look at a Scat Pack
I have been looking into the Scat Pack already and even before the prices came out for the 2018...

The Dynamics package with hellcat wheels/tires and also they are A/S along with SRT 6 Pot brembos is like $2200, still can get me a Scat Pack nicely optioned for 46K with the upgraded brembos.

I want to see what 2018 offers, I hear the brembos now go to black standard for chargers and they got this interesting F8 green coming later.
Sponsored