Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
There's more to the 18MY update than what you listed, so it depends on if the other updates, (engine, suspension & exhaust) are worth waiting for to you. I do have a questions though, you said the car you worked a deal on has "Mag Susp". Unless you worked a deal on a GT350, it doesn't. That will be available as an option on the '18, but not currently on a GT.
My bad - I thought the Selectable Drive Mode manipulated dampening.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So - not trying to get lit up for being the new guy (this is my first post), but I've hammered a deal on a car and want to ask the question - is the 18 worth waiting for at this point?

The car I have been wanting is a 400A, Perf Pack, White (stick of course), so unless I have missed something the last few weeks, holding out would get me:

-17hp / 10ft lbs
-LED Lights
-Didigital Dash
-Revised Body

The car I am looking at has Mag Susp, and the Perf Pack, so many of the refinements are not applicable (at least I don't think). I have hammered the deal down about $8k, so unless there is something really worth looking at, Im pulling the trigger.

Thoughts?
You'll only get the digital dash if you buy the option, which nobody knows what will cost - it might only be available with some kind of "package" which might be a $2K option.

If you're getting $8K off a 2017 then you're probably going to be saving at least $10K when you compare what you're gonna pay for a 2018 vs a 2017.

Now is a perfect time to buy a 2017, as the discounts will be deep.

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
On the funny side of things - we are talking sports cars in Minnesota here. After the 4th of the July, none of the dealers would order / trade any more Mustangs. The dealer today basically said "I don't think I am making $35, I just dont want to be pushing snow around it all winter!"

It was 89 degrees.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
On the funny side of things - we are talking sports cars in Minnesota here. After the 4th of the July, none of the dealers would order / trade any more Mustangs. The dealer today basically said "I don't think I am making $35, I just dont want to be pushing snow around it all winter!"

It was 89 degrees.
I bought my GT in Fargo,ND but lived in South Dakota. The town I lived in Mustangs sat forever. They had a 15 comp orange premium GT for over a year. Nobody really bought Mustangs up there.

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
wonder where the gt 0 to 60 time falls in there. If these numbers are legit, i am a little disappointed. Still want magneride, active exhaust, and the 10 speed though. I won't take the hit on my 16 though. Time to get power pack 2...seems that would get you in the ballpark of this refresh.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Seems weird to me. The current stang is around 5.8 sec stock eco so where the hell does 6.3 fit into all of this? That's not even a educated estimate.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Ford has not released anything yet, any numbers out are pure speculation and anyone that knows the numbers would have signed an NDA before hand. While it's fun to speculate please don't believe anything you see until it's official from Ford. In all likelihood [MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION] will likely be the one to break the news to us, he usually is ontop of anything ford performance and not just mustangs.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Ford has not released anything yet, any numbers out are pure speculation and anyone that knows the numbers would have signed an NDA before hand. While it's fun to speculate please don't believe anything you see until it's official from Ford. In all likelihood @Topnotch will likely be the one to break the news to us, he usually is ontop of anything ford performance and not just mustangs.

Yeah, I just noticed the speculative wording of the article. It is loaded.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
My bad - I thought the Selectable Drive Mode manipulated dampening.
No, it adjusts throttle response, and how aggressive traction control kicks in. If I were you I would pull the trigger, dollar for dollar the '17 will be superior. But hey, it is your money! :)

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
An R can reach 69K fully loaded.

I am very interested to see where a GT will end up with every single option. We have quite a few more options with a slight increase in MSRP.
The GT should touch $50,000 now based on all the extra options coming.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I can just imagine a fully loaded GT Premium Convertible (or equivalent) S650, cresting the $60k mark 4 years from now. A fully optioned GT Premium Convertible Auto costs $52,320 before TTL without accessories added. The 2017 GT Premium Fastback auto is maybe about $49,030, so it will definitely go up for 2018 with the new available features.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So what?
All those new goodies cost more...or you could not order everything on the sheet.
Then you might as well buy a 17...as the biggest thing the MY18 has going for it are those extra options that are going to cost some coin.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Then you might as well buy a 17...as the biggest thing the MY18 has going for it are those extra options that are going to cost some coin.
No, I'll still get the '18 for the unseen suspension/frame upgrades, better transmissions, better interior and the other small updates.

On the other hand, I want the the better mag suspension and exhaust......I'll gladly pay for those.

Besides, the 15-17 vs 18 argument will be moot soon as production stops and old stock gone. (Thank God!)
Sponsored