Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I wonder if Ford will be focusing on the specs instead of the looks during the reveal.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing it at the dealer may be different. I got used to all the lines my 16 GT has, we'll get use to the 18's as well, I do like the lifted rear spoiler but it's hard to beat a Steeda wing, IMHO.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Maybe I am just in denial here that Ford would create something so resoundingly hated, but that doesn't really look like any of the B-Roll footage that I have ever seen from Ford even the newer B-Roll footage. You can see this below

2015 Mustang
[ame]

2016 Shelby GT350
[ame]

2013 Boss 302
[ame]

2013 GT500
[ame]

None of those really look like the 2018 video in all honesty. There are no prolonged shots of the entire car in motion which is the purpose of B-Roll Footage plus the music. Someone could have easily added music to this so I wont really count on that. The terrible green shading in all of the shadows looks way off especially for a Ford video and especially if you would expect this to be actual rolling footage IMO. Plus from what I have seen the video was released on some no name youtube page with 25 subscribers. Just seems kind of fishy to me. Why haven't we really seen any spy pictures of the new front end like we did with the 2013's or the 2010's or 2015's. I think this is the first time any of us have really seen something that looks like this. With any luck maybe it was the work of some creative genius who took the elements that you can see in the spy shots and created something based off of that. Maybe I'm in denial here, but it seems like an odd time to introduce a refreshed Mustang.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
New to Mustangs and just purchased my 2016 so base my opinion however you see fit.

Not a fan and quite glad I got a 16. Front is too angular and busy...why I dont like the Camaro. Hood is flatter(the bulge causes some vis issues)

Was worried I would regret getting the 16 but Im good now.
I also have my 2016 CS,
but I am only a short ass at 5.5 and I don't have any issues with the bulge,
have read a lot about the view from the hood, but have no issues at all and I drive on the wrong side of the road :D

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Maybe I am just in denial here that Ford would create something so resoundingly hated, but that doesn't really look like any of the B-Roll footage that I have ever seen from Ford even the newer B-Roll footage. You can see this below

None of those really look like the 2018 video in all honesty. There are no prolonged shots of the entire car in motion which is the purpose of B-Roll Footage plus the music. Someone could have easily added music to this so I wont really count on that. The terrible green shading in all of the shadows looks way off especially for a Ford video and especially if you would expect this to be actual rolling footage IMO. Plus from what I have seen the video was released on some no name youtube page with 25 subscribers. Just seems kind of fishy to me. Why haven't we really seen any spy pictures of the new front end like we did with the 2013's or the 2010's or 2015's. I think this is the first time any of us have really seen something that looks like this. With any luck maybe it was the work of some creative genius who took the elements that you can see in the spy shots and created something based off of that. Maybe I'm in denial here, but it seems like an odd time to introduce a refreshed Mustang.
Now that I think about it - I think you are right - WE have been had. The video quality is horrible, the colors are washed out, it looks like 480p not even HD. Ford CERTAINLY would have made a professional production of the release of the Mustang and not this back yard nightmare.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I still think everybody needs to wait and see it in the metal and probably in a different color. I remember when the S550 came out people were making similar comments, including myself but once I actually starting seeing them on the road I actually liked it. I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh....plus I'm more interested in the interior where I'd spend the majority of my time anyways.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Dude, this front bumper is 1000 times better as the one on the '18 Mustang !

:crazy: no. I'd rather not have a huge slab of black plastic prominently featured on my front bumper.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I was swept off my feet the very first second I saw the 2015 for the first time on screen.

This time I'm sick to my stomach.

No way this will 'grow on me'. You can't grow to like fugly.

Skacs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I really hope that's not it, the front design isn't cohesive with the rest of the car and looks like a complete afterthought. The lines just don't work.

Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
While I'm not a fan of just about any aspect of the front bumper, what I really hate and have an issue with the most is the headlights. Specifically, why the hell did they create that gap under the inner portion of it? What possible purpose could that serve? It looks like the people who designed the headlights weren't on the same page as the people who designed the bumper. At least the other aspects of the bumper can be addressed by special editions or the aftermarket companies. Those headlights really just ruin it for me.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
While I'm not a fan of just about any aspect of the front bumper, what I really hate and have an issue with the most is the headlights. Specifically, why the hell did they create that gap under the inner portion of it? What possible purpose could that serve?
Probably have a real purpose ... maybe cooling air for something? :shrug: As time goes on, there will be more info that will answer some questions.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
It's unfortunate. It looks like the just took all the rounded edges away, and made them sharp angles. Which is counter-productive to the curves the rest of the body has. But then they added roundness to the headlights...I'm so confused. I'd love to see a better lit picture of what's going on in the rear.
the rear isn't to inspiring either. the new angles on the individual rear lights don't tickle my fancy. It's just the overwehlming negative reaction to the front end is grabbing all the attention. :tsk:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Funny all the butt hurt current owners!

Remember when the 15 came out and everyone hated it also? HAH!

Just showed it to my wife, she looked at both and said the new model looks nice, front end is too high on the old model.

Now let's wait for the comments on the (hopefully) horsepower jump, and sound system interior improvements. (Again hopefully)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I think I'm gonna stop by the Hyundai dealership on my way home tonight and buy me a new daily driver so I can put my '16 Mustang in my garage and cherish it.

Too afraid to one day wreck it on my daily commute and not being able to buy a new one anymore.
I think you won't be alone. A lot of us owners MY 2015-17 will have new found love for our Mustangs. :love:
Sponsored