Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
i hugged mine today and apologized to it for ever thinking of trading it for that abomination 18.
Amen!

RJ
Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
i hugged mine today and apologized to it for ever thinking of trading it for that abomination 18.
What were they thinking? Good news is mine should go up in value!:headbang:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looking real good! Are those overlays (sticker kinda things)?
Thanks man, They are CF overlays. They use a new type of thin 3M adhesive unlike previous types of overlays. I have some other Trufiber parts in my future as well but this will hold me over for now.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks man, They are CF overlays. They use a new type of thin 3M adhesive unlike previous types of overlays. I have some other Trufiber parts in my future as well but this will hold me over for now.
Nice, I might go that route instead of the carbon fiber parts. I just received my Trufiber interior parts and I have to say, I am not impressed. They are hit or miss with their carbon weaving. I got some cheap no name brand carbon fiber from China and I thought they were bad, but compared to Trufiber, the cheap ones were way better. I can post some pictures in a thread later, but don't know where yet.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got a few suspension stuff done. Whiteline front swaybar and adjustable endlinks installed. Haven't started the rear yet. The bushings took up most of the day. Got the Steeda differential bushing installed (the front ones were a pita, but realized I just had to go up, over, and drop it in :frusty:). While I was at it, the whole IRS was almost completely off, so I installed the Steeda subframe bushings as well (did not succeed in installing the rear bottom spacer. Used a ton of lube, but it was too tight and big to fit without the worry of getting stuck and tearing it ;)). Also installed the Steeda subframe alignment kit as I finished up. Now I am waiting on installing the rest of the suspension upgrade this coming weekend.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nice, I might go that route instead of the carbon fiber parts. I just received my Trufiber interior parts and I have to say, I am not impressed. They are hit or miss with their carbon weaving. I got some cheap no name brand carbon fiber from China and I thought they were bad, but compared to Trufiber, the cheap ones were way better. I can post some pictures in a thread later, but don't know where yet.
Really, I'm sorry to hear that. I got a trufiber grill and when it was received there were some issues as well. I was kinda bummed cuz i had to send it back and wait even longer but i thought that woulda been an isolated incident.

Its hard having a carbon fiber addiction....

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
Rang my ford dealer who as promised had a VIN number for me
Spent the next hour trying to find the link for the shipping tracker
Due to arrive in Fremantle March 7 th
Organised for dealer to remove chin spoiler,side moldings and rear valance pre delivery so I can have them hydro dipped, Ruby red base with carbon fibre dip and then put back on for pick up
2 months to go.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Rang my ford dealer who as promised had a VIN number for me
Spent the next hour trying to find the link for the shipping tracker
Due to arrive in Fremantle March 7 th
Organised for dealer to remove chin spoiler,side moldings and rear valance pre delivery so I can have them hydro dipped, Ruby red base with carbon fibre dip and then put back on for pick up
2 months to go.
WOW! That should look really good - Bold move doing that right out of the box!!

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
Thanks Bigfoot
I love the look of carbon fibre but a kit from the U.S. to OZ would cost way too much, about $4000 Aus and it's only available in a black/ grey colour.
This stuff look really cool and is tough too.
After dipping it gets two coats of two pack clear, and if you scratch it, it's easily repaired.
If I want to change it its just a case of sand it back and start again, a lot like paint but with depth and patterns and a quarter of the cost
Check out the process on you tube. Just type in carbon fibre hydro dipping. Plenty of vids to see and what they apply it too is amazing.
I'll post pics when it's done.
My ford dealers been cool about it too allowing me to get it done before delivery
Cheers
Ayjay

Last edited:

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just purchased some Stainless Works 1-7/8" offroad LTH :D :D

Can't wait to get them on and retune!

Sponsored

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
While I was at it, the whole IRS was almost completely off, so I installed the Steeda subframe bushings as well (did not succeed in installing the rear bottom spacer. Used a ton of lube, but it was too tight and big to fit without the worry of getting stuck and tearing it ;)). Also installed the Steeda subframe alignment kit as I finished up. Now I am waiting on installing the rest of the suspension upgrade this coming weekend.
quote of the week in bold. LOL!

:cheers:

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
Picked her up from the port in Bremerhaven Monday! The pic was taken during our first stop on the 5.5 hour drive home. Obviously I'm looking forward to better weather!
very nice, congrats. enjoy your top down drives

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Went out during my lunch and torqued my lug nuts for the 3rd time since installing the 25mm spacers Saturday. A small amount are still coming a little loose. Hoping after another week I don't have to torque anymore. Snagged some better pics while out there for anyone thinking about getting them that have stock non-PP wheels

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Went out during my lunch and torqued my lug nuts for the 3rd time since installing the 25mm spacers Saturday. A small amount are still coming a little loose. Hoping after another week I don't have to torque anymore. Snagged some better pics while out there for anyone thinking about getting them that have stock non-PP wheels

Are you tightening the lug nuts for the wheels only ? I wondered if at some time I should pull the rims off and check the spacer nuts too but I put them on very tight at 130 ft/lbs
Sponsored