stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Carbon fiber wrap looks fake and cheap. Don't do it. ;)

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
I think this looks a lot better.Hydrocarbon......

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Or go full-fake with red, aluminum, carbon fiber vinyl.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Or go full-fake with red, aluminum, carbon fiber vinyl.

Hate to break it to you but there are a lot of fake materials in our cars... To the OP, Do what you like. I personally do not like the pre cut kits as they will always leave some part of the aluminum exposed. Wrap will be my vote if you want carbon fiber. I have the 6 with the fake carbon fiber dash trim and it looks good. My upcoming PP dash swap will be wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl and I think it will look good as well. I never quite understood the whole idea that everything as to be real no matter the cost. If it looks good it looks good. :shrug:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I agree if it looks good. I've yet to see an imitation cf that, in my opinion, does though. It's just not a material that can be easily replicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I agree if it looks good. I've yet to see an imitation cf that, in my opinion, does though. It's just not a material that can be easily replicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True that carbon fiber is a tough material to imitate. To me personally though the 3m di-noc carbon fiber wrap comes pretty damn close. Especially their "dry" or matte carbon fiber wrap. That and the fact that 99% of the people that will see your dash will not be able to tell the difference, its good enough for me.

All opinion based! Others may vary. :thumbsup:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Anybody purchased or seen any feedback on the carbon fiber interior trim kit from Amercan Muscle?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/am-carbonfiber-dashkit-1516.html?source=igodigital

Bob

Hey Bob - I just wanted to drop in and say hi about these kits - We have them cut in house here so in the event any type of issue we're to pop up, we've got your back!

Just to throw this out there as well if you're to have this purchased and over time the elements have their way with the material be it 2 months or 8 years, not a typo, we'd replace the kit for you no questions asked.

"Wrapping Cast Vinyl. AmericanMuscle Graphics uses only the highest quality 4 mil Wrapping Cast Vinyl available on the market today. This wrapping cast vinyl is designed to last at least 8 years of harsh outdoor weather. Making it far more durable than others cheap, calendared vinyl film which starts to degrade in just a couple of years! "

If you wanted to purchase a kit just to get a look and see what you think we're more than happy to take it back and I'll cover the shipping if it's just not your cup of coffee.

Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I want to cover that thing in a Piano Black vinyl.. I like that shiny glossy black on trim pieces.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hydrodip is definitely the best alternative to the real CF, though as others mentioned, nothing will match the depth you'll get in the real deal (obviously). I'm considering HD for some trim pieces, but I really love my (real!) turned aluminium dash trim in the Performance Pack.
Sponsored