Sponsored

Ipad Mini InDash

azchadwick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt prem, perf package, White 6spd
Has anyone installed an ipad in the dash yet?

I would really like to do a setup like this.. i know it was on an older mustang but WOW!

[ame]
Sponsored

TheColorRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red v6
I'm going to be using a tablet soon. But I'm going to go the easy route and buy a cd mount for the tablet. An easy 2 min install that cost 30 bucks.

Something like the one in the video would require a whole day worth of fabrication. You can watch more of these ipad installs by search "soundman ca" on youtube. Soundman even sell the ipad holder kit with the magnets for 250. Pretty insane price for a piece of plastic with magnet in the back.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'm going to be using a tablet soon. But I'm going to go the easy route and buy a cd mount for the tablet. An easy 2 min install that cost 30 bucks.

Something like the one in the video would require a whole day worth of fabrication. You can watch more of these ipad installs by search "soundman ca" on youtube. Soundman even sell the ipad holder kit with the magnets for 250. Pretty insane price for a piece of plastic with magnet in the back.
Can you point me in the direction of the CD Mount kit? More for my own edification.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Neat idea, but the setup as is in the video seems pretty limiting. You'd have navigation and blue tooth audio (assuming the pre '15s even do blue tooth audio).

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Neat idea, but the setup as is in the video seems pretty limiting. You'd have navigation and blue tooth audio (assuming the pre '15s even do blue tooth audio).
You'd only have navigation if you had a 4G iPad, and that would burn through data. I had Bluetooth Audio in my 2011.

One plus is that it would allow you to watch video ehile driving, which MyFordTouch doesn't.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You'd only have navigation if you had a 4G iPad, and that would burn through data. I had Bluetooth Audio in my 2011.

One plus is that it would allow you to watch video ehile driving, which MyFordTouch doesn't.
True that.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
http://www.amazon.com/Koomus-CD-Air...&qid=1423008983&sr=8-2&keywords=ipad+cd+mount

something like that...you can search on amazon for ipad cd mount for more as there are a few of them on the market
I tried one of those in my WIfe's '13 Prius CD slot. It was a little wobbly so I made some spacers to fit above and below the expanding tongs for a stiffer mount and to protect it from malforming the CD slot over time. I am notpositive that it would have, but I did not want to risk it. that along with my wife liking to use the CD slot while she drives sometimes, I thought it would be a hassle for he to have to unmount her phone to listen to a CD. Maybe the Mustangs CD slot is sturdier. ANd maybe access th using the CD is a non issue for some. I just thought I'd share what my experience was in a different car. I sure did LOVE the idea at first though!

TheColorRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red v6
I tried one of those in my WIfe's '13 Prius CD slot. It was a little wobbly so I made some spacers to fit above and below the expanding tongs for a stiffer mount and to protect it from malforming the CD slot over time. I am notpositive that it would have, but I did not want to risk it. that along with my wife liking to use the CD slot while she drives sometimes, I thought it would be a hassle for he to have to unmount her phone to listen to a CD. Maybe the Mustangs CD slot is sturdier. ANd maybe access th using the CD is a non issue for some. I just thought I'd share what my experience was in a different car. I sure did LOVE the idea at first though!
Well...after your story...I decided to not go with the CD slot and look for a better option.

I decided to go with magnets.
20150214_170744.jpg
20150214_170848.jpg
20150214_171036.jpg

Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I want a aftermarket headunit badly enough. I LOVE the sync' speed and its so smooth.... I would like to have the rest of FordTouch though. I wished they offered it as a aftermarket upgrade.

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT
I got the base GT, so no fancy dancy touchscreen for me as well. I have plans to throw a android tablet over the existing radio like the picture shown above. The inspiration came from a guy on Reddit:

http://imgur.com/a/8p9Yw

Seems simple enough?

malabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Convertible V6 Magnetic
I went a little different direction than the IPAD, but used same mount idea with the magnets
Gauge Note 3 mount.jpg
Note 3 Dash.jpg
Sponsored