Sponsored

It's Here! My 2019 Mustang Bullitt Delivery and First Drive.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
IMO I think that would take away from the Bullitt originality and uniqueness.
Same here. This is a car that you don't want to mod optically and keep as original as possible. I would probably add a few Steeda subframe parts to improve handling but that would be it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The aluminum dash trim looks rather cool its like PP but more sleek. Grats Matt!

Matt, are the chrome trims high shine and reflective like the 15-17? I know 18+ uses a more dulled out chrome but pics I’ve seen, the bullit retains the high shine. If so, that’s actually a nice touch.
It definitely has a nice shine to it, I'm not sure if it's actually reflective though. I'll pay more attention to it today and get back to you haha. The car is currently at the shop getting clear bra installed.

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Thanks Matt for all the video's and enjoy that new ride, its gorgeous!

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It definitely has a nice shine to it, I'm not sure if it's actually reflective though. I'll pay more attention to it today and get back to you haha. The car is currently at the shop getting clear bra installed.
Are you going to install ceramic pro coating on the vehicle? It ain't cheap but I highly recommend it particularly if you want to keep the car for a long time.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Which one are you getting? Eager to see how it looks.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Are you going to install ceramic pro coating on the vehicle? It ain't cheap but I highly recommend it particularly if you want to keep the car for a long time.
You mean to say.....it ain’t cheap..”if you don’t do it yourself!! “. Easy as pie!! CQuartz UK... Cost for products..max of $150!! It took e a process over 4 rainy days in my garage!! Done! But yes....more than worth it! Just do it yourself! It’s a new car, paint correction is minimal at best!! :cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Matt,
Awesome Car, congrats!
Not to give this thread any negative vibes, but do you know if the issue with the 2018 MT82 manual transmission has been fixed on the new 2019's?
Sounds like several guys have a recall done and Ford redesigned/replaced several parts.
Just curious if that was caught when building the Bullitts...and the new 2019's
It's a shame that it happened in the first place as Ford was trying to beef up the MT82 with the dual mass flywheel, twin disc clutch and revised gearing

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Good stuff Matt. Excellent sounding exhaust. Nice video and enjoy your Bullitt.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’ll ask:

What was your final OTD cost?

Congrats and enjoy!

torch2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You were "wedding day happy" and "my first child is born happy" all wrapped up in one there, I couldn't help but smile watching your vid. Congrats!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I am going to have Ceramic Pro installed probably next month. The shop I'm using is totally booked up, I was lucky to get in to have the XPEL put on. That was my main priority to protect the front end.

Which one are you getting? Eager to see how it looks.
I'm getting the XPEL Ultimate Plus.

You mean to say.....it ain’t cheap..”if you don’t do it yourself!! “. Easy as pie!! CQuartz UK... Cost for products..max of $150!! It took e a process over 4 rainy days in my garage!! Done! But yes....more than worth it! Just do it yourself! It’s a new car, paint correction is minimal at best!! :cheers::cheers:
Those do it yourself kits aren't the same as the professional stuff. Trust me I considered that myself and they're better than nothing, but you'll notice that they wear off a lot quicker than the professional stuff does.

Hey Matt,
Awesome Car, congrats!
Not to give this thread any negative vibes, but do you know if the issue with the 2018 MT82 manual transmission has been fixed on the new 2019's?
Sounds like several guys have a recall done and Ford redesigned/replaced several parts.
Just curious if that was caught when building the Bullitts...and the new 2019's
It's a shame that it happened in the first place as Ford was trying to beef up the MT82 with the dual mass flywheel, twin disc clutch and revised gearing
I can't get specific but I've heard about some improvements. I personally believe the 2019s have the improvements and that they wouldn't ship new cars with a known defect now that the TSB is officially out there for the 2018s. I'm not worried about it.

I’ll ask:

What was your final OTD cost?

Congrats and enjoy!
The paperwork is still in the car which is at the shop until this afternoon but if I remember correctly it was 53 and change. I got the car for MSRP but PA sales tax is 7%. With my trade in of 26k, I only paid sales tax on the difference.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I'm getting the XPEL Ultimate Plus.
That is what I am considering. As a purist I'm kind of on the fence, and as it wont be driven in the winter, not sure I will do it. Post some pics please, much appreciated. If I do it, I would likely doo the whole hood fender, so there are no lines......

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
My Bullitt should be here Monday. I'm dropping it off Tuesday to do the front end in XPel and a ceramic coat. Said I should have it back by the following Saturday.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
That is what I am considering. As a purist I'm kind of on the fence, and as it wont be driven in the winter, not sure I will do it. Post some pics please, much appreciated. If I do it, I would likely doo the whole hood fender, so there are no lines......
Will do, it's definitely very seamless and the way they cut the film is such that even if you don't do a whole panel (like the lower doors and rocker panels), it stops at a body line so it blends seamlessly. I'm not sure how roads are where you live but on the highways here rocks get kicked up all the time even in the middle of summer, so I definitely think it'll be worthwhile. I won't be driving mine in the winter either unless it's over 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Thanks Matt for your enthusiasm..!

Keep the videos up, the whole crew is loving them and started following your channel. Can't wait until you have your break-in done, so you can open her up and feel all the ponies under the hood. Can't imagine your smile getting bigger, but it will...!

I am still thinking about getting a black bullitt… when you come to Detroit perhaps a legit ride will convince me...!
Sponsored