Sponsored

Best bang for buck supercharger?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love seeing the Centris don’t make any torque down low or lazy talk. Mine is soooo gutless and lazy LMFAO. This was on pump 93 and 18 degrees.
Look at your graph..... The power hits HARD and all at once it seems. It just doesn't do anything until at least 3500 RPM. My positive displacement blower builds power at 2000 rpms. I'm not trying to say centris are junk, they are just not as good for a daily driver/street car. They are just better for track purposes.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
PD blowers also aren’t in the same price range for what I paid. Unless you pick one up used. I can fry my 17” street Rs in any gear below 3rd. There’s plenty of torque everywhere and you have better chance of hooking with it coming in a little later versus instantly. Dyno operator started the pull at 3k I’m guessing that’s why it looks that way. It’s just a piece of paper at this point. I put a 3.48 pulley in yesterday and going E85 when my kit gets here.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I’ll take a PD any day, the instant hit can’t be touched by a centri. But let it spool up to 3.5k and higher Centris are great can’t deny that.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Thanks for helping me make my point.....
Your car in the picture is surely a beast, but it was probably launched at a high RPM. That's the only place where the centris shine. Under 3500 rpm= nada, no power.:thumbdown:

Now take a positive displacement blower..... power up top and down low too. Much better for a daily driver, street car type situation. Will your centri beat a positive displacement? Maybe it will, but unless you are using the car as a 1/4 track car it's just inferior.
So if centri blowers are just good for quarter mile passes, which racing format benefits from power between 2000 and 3499 RPM?

Usually when I race I'm at WOT. If I'm roll racing, I generally don't go to a gear that puts me at 2000 RPM. Just like when Beefcake doesn't launch from idle at the strip.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Look at your graph..... The power hits HARD and all at once it seems. It just doesn't do anything until at least 3500 RPM. My positive displacement blower builds power at 2000 rpms. I'm not trying to say centris are junk, they are just not as good for a daily driver/street car. They are just better for track purposes.
Actually I think it is opposite. PD blowers are hard to hookup on the street because of all the torque. A centri has a more of a street friendly power band and how the power builds with RPM. I’ve had both and on my PD car I ran drag radials all the time because of this. My centri car was alittle easier to control and pulled like a freight train in the upper RPM’s. They have a totally different feel. You can also run a torque booster with a centri setup (smaller pulley w/wastegate)...they work!

Anyway the OP asked what is the best bang for the buck and you simply can’t beat the Paxton/Vortech kits.

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
This is best bang for buck thread not a PD versus Centri. How long does it take y’all to get from 1K-3K rpms lol. Luckily I do not do low rpm rolls.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is best bang for buck thread not a PD versus Centri. How long does it take y’all to get from 1K-3K rpms lol. Luckily I do not do low rpm rolls.
True. This thread is about the "best bang for the buck".
In this case, the Magnuson ($5500 or so) is the clear winner. Probably around the SAME $ as a centrifugal, but so much better as a street car/daily driver, etc. I like to daily drive at low to mid throttle most of the time. If I had a centrifugal, I'd never know it was even installed. I'd I hammer The throttle, hang on tight. The Magnuson PD blowers are also beasts on the 1/4 mile track just like the other PD blowers out there. They just cost less $. There are tons of GM guys running Magnuson blowers. High quality and built to last. They just dont have a huge following with the Ford crowd unfortunately. Probably only because Whipple and Ford Racing/Roush have basically cornered the market with the PD crowd.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
it comes down to driving style,

my car, is in 100% street trim in the pic, same way i drive it every day, i can put my wife in the car or my daugther, and they can drive the car, drives like a normal car.

when you go wot, especially an auto, it's going to downshift if your not in first, no matter the gear, to put you in the proper power band, which ain't anywhere near....3000 rpms, or 4, or 5, etc..

and i really don't care about 1/2 throttle at 2500 or 2k rpms, without down shifting,

know when most engines break...it ain't at 7 or 8k rpms, it's at low rpm with heavy stress on the rods.

why do you think they don't recommend the spray kicking in below 3000 rpms

now, if your the kind of driver, that wants to go from light to light, at 1/2 throttle with more power, then that is def a pd blower, you'll get 1/3 to 1/2 boost, and it will be quicker.

i just don't drive like that. i drive a car normal , when i'm driving normal, and wot when i'm at wot. and thats why i like the centri delivery, plus that millesecs to hook up on the street

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So if centri blowers are just good for quarter mile passes, which racing format benefits from power between 2000 and 3499 RPM?

Usually when I race I'm at WOT. If I'm roll racing, I generally don't go to a gear that puts me at 2000 RPM. Just like when Beefcake doesn't launch from idle at the strip.
yep yep

Actually I think it is opposite. PD blowers are hard to hookup on the street because of all the torque. A centri has a more of a street friendly power band and how the power builds with RPM. I’ve had both and on my PD car I ran drag radials all the time because of this. My centri car was alittle easier to control and pulled like a freight train in the upper RPM’s. They have a totally different feel. You can also run a torque booster with a centri setup (smaller pulley w/wastegate)...they work!

Anyway the OP asked what is the best bang for the buck and you simply can’t beat the Paxton/Vortech kits.
yep again.

but yes, bang for the buck, the vortech paxton, we can customize, if you want small injectors like the mag, we can do some pretty inexpensive packages.

but look at my black friday sale on our custom stage 2 bov package

650 wheel out of the box. e85 will put you into the mid 7's.. for around 5600

and lots of growin room

go to stage, 1, pull the bap, go to 47s....your under 5k

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Really no wrong way to drink coffee. There’s guys out there with no boost. I wanted a Whipple tbh but it was well north of my price range.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Really no wrong way to drink coffee. There’s guys out there with no boost. I wanted a Whipple tbh but it was well north of my price range.
lol

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Boostworks twin turbo kit sale is on entry kit well below $6k

That and an e85 fuel system would be really really hard to beat bang for buck!!

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The biggest thing I've noticed with a PD blower is that you gain back some down low throttle response.
The coyote motor really doesnt feel like anything partial throttle in the lower rpm driving around town. I was used to the old pushrod v8's where they really just had more grunt, the coyote seemed like it was just lacking until you made her sing.
The PD blower actually took care of that

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Thanks for helping me make my point.....
Your car in the picture is surely a beast, but it was probably launched at a high RPM. That's the only place where the centris shine. Under 3500 rpm= nada, no power.:thumbdown:

Now take a positive displacement blower..... power up top and down low too. Much better for a daily driver, street car type situation. Will your centri beat a positive displacement? Maybe it will, but unless you are using the car as a 1/4 track car it's just inferior.
:headbonk:

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I made 661whp and 529tq yesterday w/ my Paxton w/ 3.6 pulley. 93 octane. GT350IM and long tubes w/ no cats. I was pretty happy w/ those numbers. Paxton is great bang for the buck IMO.
Sponsored