Sponsored

2018's with well-known 2015-2017 issues?

2018 owners - what '15-'17 issues are you experiencing?

• Driveline vibration

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A/C failure

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Engine ticking (BBQ tick)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Other common issue (that I may have forgotten to include)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Panel alignment was an issue with a few 15-17 .

Mine was the door alignment.
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nobody mentioned the most common one=UGLY. LOL.:D

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Only had it a month but so far so good. Only annoyance is the springs squeaking as I drive over the cobbled roads in the town square.

Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I thought the AC issue had been mostly mitigated before the 17 cars came out?
2017 GTPP here with a 3/17 build date and the AC evaporator is currently being fixed at the dealer. There was no meanigful fix to the 15-17s. Time will tell on the 18+

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
Im over 5500 miles at the moment and none of the listed issues. I am experiencing a rubbing/grinding on the front passenger brake. Notable at anything under 30 MPH. Very noticeable upon braking. Taking to service this weekend.

Last edited:

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
From what I have read on these forums ( 2018 owners don't get your panties in a knot ) 2018 seems to have more engine problems than 2015 - 2017 in regards to exhaust valve springs breaking and possibly dropping a valve. Would be interesting to know if Ford changed the supplier of the valve train components for this to happen. Also when repaired under warranty they just seem to replace the broken parts which indicates to me there is no revision or answer to the problem so what's to stop it from happening again.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
More 15-17 complaining. Say you don't like the 18 front end and get limited though :lol:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
My 18 has a leaking oil pan gasket. Been at the shop for over a week now, as the part was back ordered and they didn't catch that until after it was apart.

Given how many issues Ford has had with composite oil pans in the past, I'm wondering if my car is just going to be the first of many.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Out of the cars I've owned, if it's going to have issues is usually under 30K miles, typically between 20-30K. The next 100K is usually uneventful.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Well, dropped the Pony at the dealer this morning to find out what is causing the shake/vibration at low speed. Service tech says all four tires have inside wear and need to be replaced. Tech says tires aren't under warranty.......The book in my glove box says otherwise. I've contacted my sales manager.

Car has 5851.1 miles on the clock. Haven't found anyone else with mileage close to that who also has the Pilot Sport 4S and Magnaride. I'm guessing something is off with the suspension for all four tires to have the same wear.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I got my mustang because ford bought my f150 ecoboost back because of leaky oil pan and mainly because of grinding hubs from badly designed actuators.30 days out of service...i have had at least 4-5 brand new fords and never took them in for anything under warranty if ANYTHING goes wrong with the stang , i'm going vette, but it seems pretty solid and I don't baby my rides

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Well, dropped the Pony at the dealer this morning to find out what is causing the shake/vibration at low speed. Service tech says all four tires have inside wear and need to be replaced. Tech says tires aren't under warranty.......The book in my glove box says otherwise. I've contacted my sales manager.

Car has 5851.1 miles on the clock. Haven't found anyone else with mileage close to that who also has the Pilot Sport 4S and Magnaride. I'm guessing something is off with the suspension for all four tires to have the same wear.
could have been bad alignment from factory.. i hear some people getting wacky alignment. i have debated about getting mine aligned just for peace of mind

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
could have been bad alignment from factory.. i hear some people getting wacky alignment. i have debated about getting mine aligned just for peace of mind

Yeah. Got the call back. They are replacing the front two tires first and doing an alignment. Tires wont be in until Monday. Says they will start with the front as the back doesn't show the wear they originally though. Ill update once complete.
Sponsored