Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Wait!

Did I read that right a few pages ago?

Paxton and Vortech aren’t supposed to be driven in temperatures less than 25* f?

As a Canadian and having had 3 different Vortech mustangs in the past, I wasn’t aware of that! Mind you, those cars weren’t driven in the winter. However, I’ve been contemplating getting another Vortech or maybe a Paxton this time but this car will be driven all year. So that may throw a wrench in my plans if that’s true. As Beefcake said, gotta let the car warm up. However, that’s not always feasible.

Is it the impeller will meet the housing or is it oil related?

I’d love to know more about this!!

Thanks!
It's the tolerance between the impeller and volute. Vortech utilizes a tighter tolerance than other manufacturers.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Impeller to volute isn’t good.

Wonder what sort warranty (if any) for that matter...

Has anyone ran into this?

Wonder if one of the forum gurus / sponsors could chime in on the likelihood of this happening. I’m in Ontario. Gets cold!!!

Anyone have the “warning” or recommendation from Vortech / Paxton for this? Is Procharger the same? I am assuming the roots type is fine as they’re on many cars from the factory. My brother’s jag has one and went through this winter just peachy.

I’d hate to make a $huge$ mistake if this is real and legitimate concern. Perceived risk versus real legitimate concern.

Sorry to hi-jack!

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
It's def true. On my paperwork it had a warning and I'm pretty sure the tag on the blower did too. I don't know what the likelihood of that happening is but there was at least one here on the forum that this happened to.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Eek! Crap!!!

That blows! Did not know that. I am assuming this is for both Vortech and Paxton as they’re the same.

Is this the same thing with Procharger? Procharger-tec any inside info? Whipple KB and TVS guys have any input on those?

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Wait!

Did I read that right a few pages ago?

Paxton and Vortech aren’t supposed to be driven in temperatures less than 25* f?

As a Canadian and having had 3 different Vortech mustangs in the past, I wasn’t aware of that! Mind you, those cars weren’t driven in the winter. However, I’ve been contemplating getting another Vortech or maybe a Paxton this time but this car will be driven all year. So that may throw a wrench in my plans if that’s true. As Beefcake said, gotta let the car warm up. However, that’s not always feasible.

Is it the impeller will meet the housing or is it oil related?

I’d love to know more about this!!

Thanks!
I remember well the Vortech information said not to drive in under like 25-30 degrees F. That always concerned me as I would drive it on nicer, sunny winter days.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Pretty sure you can drive it in cold weather you just don't want to start the car if it has been allowed to cool down to ambient air below 25. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
our paxton package is def the best bang for the buck out there. it's our best seller and a great deal.

got guys running low 9's with a smaller pulley and e85..

hard to beat it for the $$

Hi @beefcake . I did some research and am a bit more up to speed with superchargers. This does seem like one of the best bang for bucks. What 1/4 miles times and 0-60 can I expect from an..average tune with 93 octane? This will be in my cart as soon as my warranty is up.

Auto 2015 GT non pp no traction control..

By average tune I mean, I'll probably dyno and try to do everything once, but this won't be a track car, just "spirited" driving. Nothing crazy but don't want it to be a waste of a supercharger either.

And any reputable installers in WA state? I would rather try to install this down there. BV/SEA area, but anywhere really.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you should be able to hit 10's with the kit no problem

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
you should be able to hit 10's with the kit no problem

While I'm here, do you know what fuel in Vancouver, BC would be best for me? I think our octane ratings are a bit different as well. We have chevron 94 or shell 91.
Sponsored