Sponsored

Barton hybrid 3 vs the original Barton?

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Hi

I am trying to find out what the difference is between these 2 models(other then the trans mount option)

The hybrid 3 is everywhere on the same price $475 so no deals to be found.

But I have found the original one, slightly used on decent deals

So I am just trying to find out if buying the Hybrid 3 will offer something more worth paying for other the the trans mount option that I will most likely not be using.

I have twice tried to contact Barton directly through there website this week. But am not getting any replies.

thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest difference is that the Hybrid 3 can be transmission mounted (which you want).

OP
OP

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Thanks for the replies.

Barton eventually responded to my email. And I have had a good talk with Dave at Barton about everything I need to know.

About the 2 different mounting options.

Barton personally recommends using the body mount.
But the hybrid 3 just gives buyers the option to have it trans mount if you want no matter what anyone says.

But I recently installed the Full Tilt boogie racing $50 shifter bracket( bolts to the cross member)
It sure makes the shifter firmer. But the NVH is just really really bad.

There is no way I can tolerate that much noise and vibration from the shifter in a 2017 model car.
I am not using the car at the moment, just waiting for the Barton unit and install something that is a real solution, to something I feel is a big drawback to how you feel and experience the car in stock form.

Lucky me, Dave offered me one of there "demo units" for a very good price. Then I managed to improve the deal even further when he was willing to lower the price if would not want to have the trans mount included.

So I got a slightly used fully assembled hybrid 3 unit, only with the body mount.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I had the original Barton shifter with the optional trans-mount and driveshaft loop on my 2016. Unfortunately, I left it on the car when I sold it. Shortly after I bought that shifter, Barton discontinued it and began selling the hybrid shifter. The trans-mount for the original shifter was much beefier and included a driveshaft loop, similar to the Blowfish Racing trans-mount. Has anyone used both, and how do they compare with each other?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have Barton 3 and itā€™s amazing. Donā€™t believe youā€™d be disappointed
Sponsored