Sponsored

Help! Add active exhaust to 2015-2017

jsn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hello everyone.

I posted information on the DIY subforum regarding the possibility of adding active exhaust modes to out 2015-2017 vehicles. I think that post belongs there, but there is so much knowledgeable people around this subforum that I think you might help us (digital speedo guys, and radio & FCIM guys).

Thanks.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2263986
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
you will need the bcm....bezel with toggles...and ipc from a 2018.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just buy the Roush active exhaust that’s what I did for my 2017 and it sounds better

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Just buy the Roush active exhaust that’s what I did for my 2017 and it sounds better
You want him to buy an exhaust that sounds like farts and yelling, and costs a ridiculous amount of money?

I'm adding a semi-active exhaust, using the 2018 Active mufflers and a Roush valance, plus a switch, for about $600, and it'll sound way better than the Roush.

JR

Sponsored

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
You want him to buy an exhaust that sounds like farts and yelling, and costs a ridiculous amount of money?

I'm adding a semi-active exhaust, using the 2018 Active mufflers and a Roush valance, plus a switch, for about $600, and it'll sound way better than the Roush.

JR
Have you posted details of this anywhere? I'd like to know more.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
This may be the funniest thing I've read on these forums ever! Laughed until cried!!! :lol::lol::lol:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Have you posted details of this anywhere? I'd like to know more.
There are a couple threads on it out there. Essentially, it entails installing a Roush valance with the quad-tip Active Exhaust mufflers (mine were delivered today from Levittown Ford Parts), then modifying the motors to bypass the internal circuitry. You then run that to a DC-DC converter with a DPDT switch, so you can open and close the valves from inside the car.

This is the thread you want - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101913

All told, I'll be into this for about $600, and might add an H-pipe to it, depending on how loud it gets. I'm hoping to get the mufflers installed this weekend, though it'll probably be next month, by the time I get to wiring everything up.

This may be the funniest thing I've read on these forums ever! Laughed until cried!!! :lol::lol::lol:
My old employee has a 2016 GT/PP that he installed an X-pipe and Roush ABs on, and he thinks it's the best sounding thing in the world. Every time I hear it, I cringe, and my ears start to hurt.

My 2006 GT had MAC Boom Tubes, which are muffler deletes, and it sounded amazing. It was louder than stock, but the popping and cracking, plus the deep, bassy tone was perfection. The Coyote just does not sound good with a lot of exhaust systems that don't filter out the rasp and keep the noise to acceptable levels.

JR

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
And here I was about to drop $800 on an MBRP setup. This is exactly what I want! Thanks!

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I had the roush exhaust for along time with both x and h pipes. Best investment I have made secondary to my car itself :headbang:

Sponsored

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
isn't possible to grab some parts from a 15-17 Base gt350 to make the active exhaust work?

c_me_pass_u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I put some gt350 exhaust on my 15 and love the sound...it only has an xpipe with stock manifolds...But a buddy did the same and has longtubes and the exhaust sounds so good...best mod I have done...exhaust only cost me 300 bucks and everything else I did it on my own

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
isn't possible to grab some parts from a 15-17 Base gt350 to make the active exhaust work?
Working on this as we speak. We'll be using a GT350 cluster, steering wheel buttons and stock catback along with our own custom interface. It will work just like the GT350 and new 2018+ cars. No external switches.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Working on this as we speak. We'll be using a GT350 cluster, steering wheel buttons and stock catback along with our own custom interface. It will work just like the GT350 and new 2018+ cars. No external switches.
Any update to this? Been considering an active exhaust setup for my 17 GT.

Last edited:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My software engineer is looking at it. Unfortunately swapping to a GT350 cluster isn’t going to be attractive to most people so we are doing a complete work around with our own CAN interface. I just installed a digital cluster to test this out .
Sponsored