Sponsored

Whoda thunk Steedas clutch spring would make such a difference.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
BTW.... What didn't you like about "no spring"?
You know, I can't recall exactly now what it was but I suppose just a general overall "I liked it better the way it was" feeling.

I doubt I'll switch the OE spring out as I find no issue as it is, although having said that, I sat in a GT350 at the auto show in Feb and man did the clutch pedal spring your foot back quickly just when I figured you'd need it to not to (ie. where you'd be engaging the clutch) ... not sure if they're all that way but I hated it and that would've been changed out ASAP!
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the pedal spring in mine for quite a while now and haven't looked back. Best mod for under $15.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I can't recall exactly now what it was but I suppose just a general overall "I liked it better the way it was" feeling.

I doubt I'll switch the OE spring out as I find no issue as it is, although having said that, I sat in a GT350 at the auto show in Feb and man did the clutch pedal spring your foot back quickly just when I figured you'd need it to not to (ie. where you'd be engaging the clutch) ... not sure if they're all that way but I hated it and that would've been changed out ASAP!
One of my best friends with a GT350 changed to the Steeda spring and is much, much happier.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I just went from no spring to steeda spring. I’ve been driving on no spring for some time now. I have to say I prefer the steeda over no spring, especially if you have an aftermarket clutch (they seem to engage much sooner than the Oem clutch, I have the Exedy Mach 600) there is a little bit of loss of linear feel...but its pretty much unnoticeable (the clutch seems to be engaged before you get to the springs funky zone lol) and I’ve noticed my shifts are actually smoother than before. Perhaps it’s the fact the Exedy engages sooner than Oem. As for pedal effort, it’s definitely less than no spring. Feels about right tbh.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ agreed!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well, I am over a month in with the Steeda spring installed and I can’t remember what the clutch felt like before the switchover. I love it, I will never take it out, and Ford can’t make me either!!!!:lol::lol:

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
I got mine two days ago. Didn't take the use of any locking pliers. Saw a method on a Youtube video. He push the clutch in shoved the top of the assembly a little to the right and gave the bottom of the assembly a hard push to the right and it popped right off. It feels a lot better with the spring and is def a lot easier to determine the engagement point on the clutch.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I hated how my new-to-me-but-used car's clutch felt. So I ordered a knock off Steeda spring. Went to install it, and the Steeda spring was already there. So, I took the spring out entirely, and now I'm happy. I sit in a lot of traffic, but I'm cool with it. Previous car was an SRT-4 with an ACT clutch, and that clutch had a higher effort than this one. I still have the stock plastic clutch line, so I think going braided would help a little bit more.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Dealers should literally order a couple dozen springs and just pop them in all of their manuals on the lot.

I bet it would help with sales when people go on test drives lol.
Sponsored