Sponsored

Replacing with 11-14 MT82

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Sourced a hurt S197 transmission to rebuild. Getting mixed messages from my research on what needs to be changed to work with an S550. I know the driveshaft flange needs to be changed from 4-bolt to 3-bolt, and the shifter assembly is different (but I *think* the MGW I’ll be bolting on negates this issue), but is there anything else? VMP lists the tailshaft being different, but when I reached out to Mike @ Autonation White Bear Lake, he told me the part numbers are the same for 11-14 and 15+. Has anybody done this and can speak from experience, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Sponsored

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
i think it's the guibo? that's different.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Thanks, already working with Ben but I forgot to ask him about this the other day when we spoke at length on the phone. Since he’s heading out of town for a race this weekend, I didn’t want to bother him and figured I’d ask here in the interim. I’ll definitely be posing the same question when we speak Monday, and report back!

Sponsored

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
To close the loop on this..

Driveshaft flange and shifter differ, tailshaft (and everything else relevant for a swap) is the same. If you have an aftermarket shifter (e.g., MGW), then you only need to R&R the flange. Confirmed by people I've spoken with offline that have gone the opposite direction (15+ to 11-14), various Ford parts contacts, as well as Ben himself.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Dont grab an ‘11 MT82. Even a ‘12 is hit or miss unless you know the build date. The MT82’s built after first half of 2012 production are the ones you want. Ford made a lot of improvements through the first 1.5MY life.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I don’t doubt it, but in my case it’s a moot point. The donor tranny I had ended up with had absolutely trashed internals, so I’m really only using the case and tailshaft, with a new G-Force gearset and internals.

Last edited:

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I don’t doubt it, but in my case it’s a moot point. The donor tranny I had ended up with had absolutely trashed internals, so I’m really only using the case and tailshaft, with a new G-Force gearset and internals.

So G-Force has an official gearset for the MT-82? Just Wondering cause my tranny is on the way out soon. Its making some nasty noises. Been debating a Tremec XL or a stage 1 Calimer. Planing on adding boost in the future. I really just dont want to do the little stuff that comes with the Tremec Swap. Much rather just do an easy MT-82 out and in in a couple of hours. If I can get G-Force gears that would be so much better. I have to figure out how to reach Ben Calimer, Cause I dont have or do Facebook lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Yep. Ben ordered (10) gearsets, which are exclusive; he’s taking delivery of the first (5) fresh from the machine shop next week, after a very long wait for G-Force to iterate and tool up. Rated for “a lot” of torque (was told the 650-700wtq I’ll eventually be putting through it won’t be a problem - check their gearset ratings for other transmissions to get an idea of how stout they build them - https://www.gforcetransmissions.com/); ratios are:

1st: 3.49
2nd: 2.32
3rd: 1.61
4th: 1.26
5th: 1
6th: 0.62

If you don’t facespace, PM me for Ben’s contact info.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Yep. Ben ordered (10) gearsets, which are exclusive; he’s taking delivery of the first (5) fresh from the machine shop next week, after a very long wait for G-Force to iterate and tool up. Rated for “a lot” of torque (was told the 650-700wtq I’ll eventually be putting through it won’t be a problem - check their gearset ratings for other transmissions to get an idea of how stout they build them - https://www.gforcetransmissions.com/); ratios are:

1st: 3.49
2nd: 2.32
3rd: 1.61
4th: 1.26
5th: 1
6th: 0.62

If you don’t facespace, PM me for Ben’s contact info.
Very cool! Glad to see some aftermarket dive into (literally) the MT82.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
In for price of gforce mt82

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Whats the ballpark price on the gearset?
i'll have an invoice for my build soon, stay tuned. if i had to guess, based on the conversations we've been having, gearset installed and shipped will come in around $3k.