Sponsored

2016 Manual Eco concerns

SallyStruthersS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello everyone,

New member and first time posting so i apologies if this can be found in other threads (i did dig around for a while); if so my apologies and a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

I recently bought a Manual 2016 Ecoboost Premium with about 24k miles and have noticed a few things potentially wrong with my car. For starters, pun intended, when starting my car there is a very audible rattle sound when the engine is cranking and then goes away once the engine turns over. This happens when the engine is cold/warm and does it on every start up. Video of the start up is linked.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Sj4-CE-agNU[/MEDIA]"]

Another concern is that the engine seems to be pretty loud. I have a muffler delete and once i reached about 2.5k RPM the engine sound drowns out any exhaust note; i have been told the engine sound is louder than the exhaust when outside the car as well. I unplugged the mic in the back roof lining and i even turned off the speed compensated volume which helped with in cabin noise but outside the car the engine still whines above everything. Unsure if this is normal or not.

When shifting 1-2 i get kickback/ricochet, this happens even when the car is fully warmed up. I don't get the grinding that other post have mentioned but it does ricochet 95% of the shifts. N-2 and 3-2 don't have any issues.

And the final thing i noticed is when coasting in gear i hear a very faint grinding almost like a metal on metal sound. It goes away mostly when applying throttle but once letting of throttle the grinding comes back.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look and any help or links are appreciated! Have a great day/night.
Sponsored