End of an Era

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/...ng-shelby-gt500-with-more-than-700-horsepower

I have been lurking here since early 2015. Watched, and participated, in all the excitement. Recently, leaked news suggested MY18 is the end of the 350. When I repeatedly asked Ford marketing folks when will it be over, they would only say "there has to be a top dog Mustang". We now have a new Bullitt and now a 500. Since they are not revealing specifics at the moment, suggests they are not quite done yet.

With all the watching and wondering over the last few years, I thought it somewhat remarkable that this topic was not jumped on, as it was for each MY prior. I love these so much I bought 2. Will hold mine probably until I can track a faster electric car. FWIW

:ford: :cheers:
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Most of you guys have probably seen the GT500 teaser vid via facebook or twitter yesterday... Ford's vid is now on youtube. It'll be a monster for sure due to supercharging but personally I still like our naturally aspirated all-motor powered flat plane crank Voodoo... its 526hp is a sweet spot for street/track. Time will tell but IMO it's already going to be a future legend in the making....

[ame]

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Personally I still prefer the current GT350 over whats I've seen for the 500. I've always been more of a fan of a corner carver than a 1/4 miles monster.

Unless this can outrun run a ZL1 1LE in the corners and straights I'm not really going to be impressed about it.

Sponsored

LateBrakeU2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST DD, 350R, 15 Z/28
Agreed, NA is done( at the top performance level) and the R is the last of it's kind. Glad i finally picked up one, the fact they are still selling used for over msrp four years in is a good indicator of future valuations. There really aren't that many out there for sale, and enough owners that aren't F.I. fans i think they will hold there water. The car just has that certain cache, as evidenced by so many GT350 owners selling and upgrading to R's.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Personally I still prefer the current GT350 over whats I've seen for the 500. I've always been more of a fan of a corner carver than a 1/4 miles monster.

Unless this can outrun run a ZL1 1LE in the corners and straights I'm not really going to be impressed about it.
I don't know if Ford will be making a stripped out version but expect the 500 to surpass the ZL1 for sure. The GT350 is an instant legend and will hold a significant place in American automotive history. End of an era.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I actually also like the new Bullitt.... no fancy aero, no stripes, no flashy badging, no frills... just a pure driver's car. The mild power bump is a nice touch. The only option I'd do on it would be those Recaros. And that Highland Green is both sporty/classy at the same time... then again I'm a fan of green cars especially the darker colored ones. Plus the Bullitt would make a fine daily street cruiser.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...8/01/14/50th-anniversary-mustang-bullitt.html

24824919777_e31bf6c765_c.jpg
Bullitt_rear-2019.JPG
Bullitt_2019.JPG

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder if the bumper will sag?
If that's the most important question for you - it's not worth buying a relatively inexpensive sporty car.

Of course the bumper will sag.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
the Bullitt is going to be mass produced Mustang GT appearance package essentially. Sure with a very slight engine mod and tune for 15 more HP. not my thing. i dont want to see one in every parking lot i pull into too. the 500 will be crazy fast and expensive, but not NA. i am pretty happy with my 350 purchase just made this past Friday. :)

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
the Bullitt is going to be mass produced Mustang GT appearance package essentially. Sure with a very slight engine mod and tune for 15 more HP. not my thing. i dont want to see one in every parking lot i pull into too. the 500 will be crazy fast and expensive, but not NA. i am pretty happy with my 350 purchase just made this past Friday. :)
Congrats on the GT350! Good choice, great upgrade!

rekloos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
I wonder if I can find a way to purchase the last GT350 to roll off the line. Don't they build the motor at Romeo? I live like a stones throw from there. Maybe I can walk in and scoop one up?

swlacobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 2016 z06 convertable
wonder if the new 500 will have the 10speed auto?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
wonder if the new 500 will have the 10speed auto?
I'm thinking it will have the same trans in the Ford GT or just be manual.

Perhaps a 7 speed manual ?
Sponsored