Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No I just got whatever pipe they installed at the shop, it's 3" though, not sure what the difference is between X pipes. Like I said, it really didn't change the sound much, still can't barely hear it when it's sitting running, I guess it's louder while cruising though. Was surprised there wasn't more of a difference getting rid of the resonator. I'll post video of cold start with and without once I get my video downloaded. It will be on my build thread once I figure out how to add the thread to my sig, lol
Yeah,.....I'm surprised it's not louder?? :shrug:

Looking forward to the sound clip! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I did the ford X pipe with same result, not much difference. I add the Roush axle backs later. Almost too loud!!! Don't get me wrong sounds GREAT but do some research before you get an axle back system.
image.jpeg

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
:first:I did say almost, lol

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Rear brake tear down and sending to the powdercoaters!:headbang:

:eyebulge::headbonk:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I did the ford X pipe with same result, not much difference. I add the Roush axle backs later. Almost too loud!!! Don't get me wrong sounds GREAT but do some research before you get an axle back system.
LOL
That's the way a muscle car should sound. :headbang: I have a stock '13 Roush Stage 3 car and it's obnoxious. Love it. :D

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just got the boomba shifting bracket installed. Major PIA (mostly from moving my fat arse under the car then back out) and took hours. Scratched the hell out of my glasses when an allen wrench fell on them BUT IT IS FINALLY INSTALLED!

Verdict: Shifts sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. No more rubber mushy feeling when you click into gear.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
finally put my switchbacks in
/jealous. I've been checking the mailbox and the front door like never before, ever since I ordered mine a few days ago from DD.

I've checked my mailbox more in the last week than I have in the last two months. >_>

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Just got the boomba shifting bracket installed. Major PIA (mostly from moving my fat arse under the car then back out) and took hours. Scratched the hell out of my glasses when an allen wrench fell on them BUT IT IS FINALLY INSTALLED!

Verdict: Shifts sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. No more rubber mushy feeling when you click into gear.
Nice...seems there is no isolater bushing with that, so how is the NVH or noise from the shifter.

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nice...seems there is no isolater bushing with that, so how is the NVH or noise from the shifter.

There's 2 rubber washers that go around the mounting holes. There's quite a bit more vibration but I'm alright with that considering it's like night and day shifting difference.

What I am wondering is if it's normal to have more engine/drivetrain noise in the cabin or if I didn't seal the shifter back up against the body properly.

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You probably did it right. I did the Steeda bracket and there was a little NVH and then when I added the whiteline trans mount insert unmodified there was a noticeable amount of NVH. After drilling out the center of the insert, NVH was back to just a bit over stock.

So with yours being nearly solid mounted, it sounds like you are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk