Sponsored

'18 Rear Deck Panel - the same as the '15 - '17?

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
:frusty:

Just a quick update....

If you have a heated wheel - the 15 - 17 gt350 wheel will not fit with the new airbag!

The new wheel is slightly different in the center mount area and the airbag has different feet on it. They will not mate up.

Now - I wait for a solution.....with a 350 wheel I cant use without buying a last gen airbag.

pmatio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018/ 6MT/ Lightning Blue
Hey guys, do you know a dealer where you can buy the 2018 panel with the GT badge? I want it for my 2018 here in Europe

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Try Levitown Ford in the US, they are pretty dependable

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Mellow,

Do you have an '18 PP GT Auto Premium with the heated wheel? If so how did you make this work? Mine will not. Would love to know.

I can certainly tell you that my GT350 wheel and my new air bag do not work together. The locking slots and posts on the back of the airbag do not line up with the holes on the 350 wheel.

Also, you will have to find a way to deal with the microscopic hair thin wires in the 18 heated wheel harness that you don't have in the 350 wheel. I never got past ensuring the parts match up.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Can anyone speak to the quality of the '18 OEM decklid panel ordered from Levittown Ford?

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Save A Few Bucks

Hey guys, do you know a dealer where you can buy the 2018 panel with the GT badge? I want it for my 2018 here in Europe ��
Go the US Web Site www.newtakeoff.com They have parts taken off of new cars that are being customized. I have used them in the past and the prices are outstanding. Good luck my friend.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Can anyone speak to the quality of the '18 OEM decklid panel ordered from Levittown Ford?
What specifically do want to know? It fits way better than the stock panel from my 2016 (dealer replaced it, because it was so bad), and better than the replacement. The finish is the same as the other OEM panels, it's a snuck fit against the trunk lid, and installation is just as big of a pain in the ass as it is for any other panel. A lot of people don't like the horizontal character lines, but I think they look awesome.

JR

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
What specifically do want to know? It fits way better than the stock panel from my 2016 (dealer replaced it, because it was so bad), and better than the replacement. The finish is the same as the other OEM panels, it's a snuck fit against the trunk lid, and installation is just as big of a pain in the ass as it is for any other panel. A lot of people don't like the horizontal character lines, but I think they look awesome.

JR
I agree with you on the horizontal lines. I think they give the panel a different/better look.....:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I agree with you on the horizontal lines. I think they give the panel a different/better look.....:thumbsup:
I agree! The two horizontal lines that are added give the panel a sharp, complete look.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
To each their own I suppose. I think the horizontal lines compliment the horizontal lines on the lower grill of the front bumper and other areas on the refreshed '18 model but I think they look a little out of place on the '15-17. I prefer the "no-lines" look on my '17 but if I had an '18, I might think otherwise for reasons I just mentioned.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I agree! The two horizontal lines that are added give the panel a sharp, complete look.
Not trying to jack the thread, but I think my ass looks pretty good all the same, even without the lines:cheers:

[/url]DSC_0008 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Is the blank still available?
He website says sold out.
These were sold out pretty quick everywhere, blank canvas!
The last one I spotted online was listed at 5000$:doh:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Go the US Web Site www.newtakeoff.com They have parts taken off of new cars that are being customized. I have used them in the past and the prices are outstanding. Good luck my friend.
Went to the site. Can’t get past the home page . Says it’s under construction.
Sponsored