Sponsored

2018 order date

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Are some dealers exaggerating MY18 pricing, to clear out MY17s?
DING, DING, DING. That's all it is, common sense would rule out these ridicules prices, why would Ford shoot itself in the foot.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
DING, DING, DING. That's all it is, common sense would rule out these ridicules prices, why would Ford shoot itself in the foot.
given the first dealer i spoke with has a SHITLOAD of stock i would think its true, but the second dealer is quite small and has almost nothing. I think its prob ford AU has told dealers to use this price to both clear stock and test the waters..

Its a shame too as i do want an 18 but i am sure as shit not paying 80k for one

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
given the first dealer i spoke with has a SHITLOAD of stock i would think its true, but the second dealer is quite small and has almost nothing. I think its prob ford AU has told dealers to use this price to both clear stock and test the waters..

Its a shame too as i do want an 18 but i am sure as shit not paying 80k for one
I'm feeling the same. I really like the upgrades but how do you justify the cost if it's in the 80's.
I'm meeting the Sales Manager at the Dealership tomorrow - hope he has clarity on prices. (They also have 5 x 2017 Mustangs in stock.)

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Gee, if Ford AU don't get this model change right and UK sales flop, RHD Mustang could die after s550.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Be interesting to see what economies of scale are needed to maintain RHD production. How many RHD s550 have been built and sold - essentially UK and here.
Don't think there's much volume outside those two markets.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Gee, if Ford AU don't get this model change right and UK sales flop, RHD Mustang could die after s550.
Agreed.

They currently have nothing to lose and will tell you anything that suits their purpose, it's business. And if it doesn't make money...

There's a possibility that we won't even get the 2018 if they sense insufficient demand in AU. They will have known for a while exactly what a 2018 will cost them to get on the lot, now it's a matter of figuring out how much they can squeeze you and if its worth bringing in another product line.

If they think its a fizzer they can drop the AU market and focus on the UK in 2018 as the last RHD export, which takes care of RHDs on the line at FR.

Last edited:

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Be interesting to see what economies of scale are needed to maintain RHD production. How many RHD s550 have been built and sold - essentially UK and here.
Don't think there's much volume outside those two markets.
If Ford price base MY18 GT at $5k or so above current car, they should be able to attract more "new to Mustang" buyers for a while. My18 is worth that extra coin, for sure. In another year or so, repeat buyers should come into it more. Pricing, is absolutely critical. But sales of 6000+ per annum will be hard to repeat. After U-tubing the crap out of the MY18, I like it. More hp is always good.The digital dash looks the biz and that active exhaust is sweet as. The new Auto is getting great reviews to ( not sure if you need 10 gears though) and the interior trim looks better finished. New safety features, LED headlight/fog/drl's, bonnet vents etc....I haven't got a big problem with the new front anymore. Final judgment, will come when I see one in the flesh.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered my 2018 Ruby Red GT Fastback with Magneride and Recarro seats. Don't like the new stripes so the dealer can organise custom stripes within a day. They also have a custom mount for my big ar*e Qld prestige plates.
Sales Manager thinks base price will increase about $5000 to $70,000 with Magneride $3000 and Recarro's about the same.
These are only educated guesses on his part but his view is that if Ford increases the base price too much it will kill sales dead.
Hopefully all will work out - and yes I know that it probably won't.
He was also of the opinion that numbers brought in won't be as high as 2015/16/17.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Just ordered my 2018 Ruby Red GT Fastback with Magneride and Recarro seats. Don't like the new stripes so the dealer can organise custom stripes within a day. They also have a custom mount for my big ar*e Qld prestige plates.
Sales Manager thinks base price will increase about $5000 to $70,000 with Magneride $3000 and Recarro's about the same.
These are only educated guesses on his part but his view is that if Ford increases the base price too much it will kill sales dead.
Hopefully all will work out - and yes I know that it probably won't.
He was also of the opinion that numbers brought in won't be as high as 2015/16/17.
Sounds like your sales guy has some common sense regards pricing. Are you getting the new Auto? Supposed to be pretty good. Magneride not cheap. But apparently transforms Mustangs so-so handling. Are Recaro's still heated/cooled/part electric? Mid 18 delivery?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Agreed.

They currently have nothing to lose and will tell you anything that suits their purpose, it's business. And if it doesn't make money...

There's a possibility that we won't even get the 2018 if they sense insufficient demand in AU. They will have known for a while exactly what a 2018 will cost them to get on the lot, now it's a matter of figuring out how much they can squeeze you and if its worth bringing in another product line.

If they think its a fizzer they can drop the AU market and focus on the UK in 2018 as the last RHD export, which takes care of RHDs on the line at FR.
It would a shame, if we didn't see future Mustang models down here. Of course, current factory RHD cars would have stronger resale and become future collectors.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like your sales guy has some common sense regards pricing. Are you getting the new Auto? Supposed to be pretty good. Magneride not cheap. But apparently transforms Mustangs so-so handling. Are Recaro's still heated/cooled/part electric? Mid 18 delivery?
Delivery July 2018 ( or sooner)
Not totally sure with Recaro's - final spec when they have prices - then I decide whether to go ahead.
Prices quoted are high rather than low - better for customer relations
I am also investigating PP springs to lower ride height without upsetting Magneride

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Delivery July 2018 ( or sooner)
Not totally sure with Recaro's - final spec when they have prices - then I decide whether to go ahead.
Prices quoted are high rather than low - better for customer relations
I am also investigating PP springs to lower ride height without upsetting Magneride
July or sooner delivery. That seems very realistic. I would think that changing springs would upset the magneride and wreck a well sorted setup.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I would never compromise the suspension set-up.
I had seen a set of springs by Ford Performance Parts that was used with the GT350.
Hopefully the standard Magneride is lower than the present MY15-17
Seems a bit strange having ordered a car without really having final specs.
And yes - getting 10 speed auto
Sponsored