Sponsored

Input shaft bearing going at 18k

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have this high pitch whirring sound at idle in neutral. Sometimes it rattles. Push in the clutch and it goes away. When I accelerate in 1-3 I have this whine sound that increases pitch as rpms climb. Sounds like a miniature supercharger. Car shifts ok besides the notchyness but it feels down on power. Like I am towing extra weight.

I know if I take it in they will just say normal operations for this platform. Should I just go until it blows? What else can be damaged?
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
is it like a Humming sound on idle?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Sounds like slave/throwout bearing to me.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
No humming, just a high pitch whirring sound that can sound mechanical after a good drive. Its at idle with clutch engaged so that rules out slave cylinder/ tob as that makes noise when depressing the clutch.

It increases with rpms when in neutral or driving. Got a lot of vibrations through the pedals and shifter along with it. Just hope it hasn't damaged the crankshaft. But im stock so replace it all I guess.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
No humming, just a high pitch whirring sound that can sound mechanical after a good drive. Its at idle with clutch engaged so that rules out slave cylinder/ tob as that makes noise when depressing the clutch.

It increases with rpms when in neutral or driving. Got a lot of vibrations through the pedals and shifter along with it. Just hope it hasn't damaged the crankshaft. But im stock so replace it all I guess.
TOB usually makes noise until you push in the clutch. Sounds like a clacking/rattling/ticking type noise. If you're getting it while driving and it's a whirring noise, I doubt it's the TOB though. If it drives fine and just is an annoying noise, I'd leave it until you upgrade clutch...unless you can get it fixed under warranty.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Drives like a slush box. 328I's are giving me problems so I'm leaning on the car being down on power with whatever is going on. I'll give the dealer one chance and if I get the normal characteristics bs I will dump it.
Sponsored