Sponsored

At the dealer in Ft. Myers today

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The '13/'14 GT500 was a great car. If you want it, buy it. Posting it here just shows you are struggling with your own decision to purchase something that you like but may be uncertain as to that decision with something even better on the horizon.
Sponsored

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
The bore size is the only thing that the 13/14 will have on the next GT500...maybe the name, depending on what its called. Some like the solid axle too. RMC
I'd personally prefer a IRS but I can live with the current setup.

You for sure learn which roads to take and not to take lol!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The '13/'14 GT500 was a great car. If you want it, buy it. Posting it here just shows you are struggling with your own decision to purchase something that you like but may be uncertain as to that decision with something even better on the horizon.
Not hi-jacking this thread, but I really enjoy your posts over in the GT350 section. Great info ALL the time...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Shit. None of my ball caps are going to fit anymore.
:)

My plans involve getting one of these early on and sharing as much about it as I can. I'm thankful GM raised the bar as high as they did with the ZL1 1LE as Ford's counter is going to pack a heck of a punch.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From a financial standpoint your better off not getting either of them. Tom was simply stating, if you want a better car, get the next GT500. Yes, not to pay that much but the future is not certain which will end up being the best investment (perse). Sure 10k off the 2014 is a good start but you don't know FOR CERTAIN if it will still be the best choice financially, but it is in its favor.
Duh I guess it wasn't complicated. My point was you can buy a 2014 GT500 now and have the experience of owning that car for a few years. In the meantime Ford will come out with something new and all the craziness with ADMs, etc. will happen. Then after driving the 2014 for a few years when all the ADMs die down you can buy a used version of the next big thing from Ford.

Still getting to own the cars you like but paying a lot less for them.

I would never say a car is a good investment. Even a classic is not an investment IMO. There are too many costs associated with keeping a car in decent condition.

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
900 miles in 4 years isn't enough. I wouldn't want that car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
No way Jose, errr..... Ricardo. I wouldn't pay that kind of scratch now especially when the next one is right around the corner.

That sign should probably read "only 900 miles of the hardest miles ever driven"
If the dealership is asking $56,000 for this 2014 GT500 you can bet that there is a fair bit of room to move on this car and could probably be bought for somewhat less than the asking price.

As far as the 900 miles on the car, who knows what the history for those 900 miles is? I suggest you ask to speak to the original owner assuming that this car was a one owner car.

Just looking at the tread depth on both of the front and rear tires will give you a good idea as to how this car was driven.

Also, if you are serious about the car I would suggest to ask for an Oasis Report from the dealership which may or may not be helpful.

Lastly, I have a car buddy in the Atlanta area that bought a 2009 GT500 convertible brand new and is looking to sell this car and only has 7 miles on it. I believe this car is still in the wrapper and knowing this individual pretty well he is very anal with all of his cars including his '68 GT500KR convertible.

I would suggest that the price for his car will be quite reasonable and if interested just PM me and I will hook you up with him.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I had one. It was a fun car.

In just a few years, Ford has made that thing look like an uncoordinated T-Rex.

Although ... real men drive live-axles . LOL.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
If the dealership is asking $56,000 for this 2014 GT500 you can bet that there is a fair bit of room to move on this car and could probably be bought for somewhat less than the asking price.

As far as the 900 miles on the car, who knows what the history for those 900 miles is? I suggest you ask to speak to the original owner assuming that this car was a one owner car.

Just looking at the tread depth on both of the front and rear tires will give you a good idea as to how this car was driven.

Also, if you are serious about the car I would suggest to ask for an Oasis Report from the dealership which may or may not be helpful.

Lastly, I have a car buddy in the Atlanta area that bought a 2009 GT500 convertible brand new and is looking to sell this car and only has 7 miles on it. I believe this car is still in the wrapper and knowing this individual pretty well he is very anal with all of his cars including his '68 GT500KR convertible.

I would suggest that the price for his car will be quite reasonable and if interested just PM me and I will hook you up with him.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

^^^^^^^^^

I personally don't care for buying used performance cars like this.

You just never know ......

Warranty ? Well, when you find out Ford won't honor it because of a less-than-professional job on a mod you never knew about ....

It could get expensive really quick.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
^^^^^^^^^

I personally don't care for buying used performance cars like this.

You just never know ......

Warranty ? Well, when you find out Ford won't honor it because of a less-than-professional job on a mod you never knew about ....

It could get expensive really quick.
I certainly don't disagree with your comments but if one does their due diligence the outcome can certainly be positive but as you mentioned it can be a bit of a crap shoot as well.

The key issue for me with respect to buying used high performance vehicles is based on knowing the original owner and being able to spend time with him or her in order to determine many important factors and that can be difficult to do when working with a dealership.

Having said that over the last ~6 years I have purchased 3 Pilot Production Boss 302's from the same dealership and did my due diligence regarding each of these cars and it all worked out terrific.

With the FMC being the only titled owner before me that helped immensely with respect to these 3 cars.

:cheers:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
56000 is a bit much for that car IMO. 900 miles or not. Add 2k and you can get a 350 if you search well. The GT500 were great cars. I had a 11 that I really had fun in. But with the new one around the corner, I would say buying a 13/14 for nearly 60k is a bit much to me. Also betting on ADM's and such is not a way to approach buying the new GT500 when it comes. There were 350's found at MSRP and the new GT500 will be no different. If you look and do research, you will find one at the price you want to pay.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
56000 is a bit much for that car IMO. 900 miles or not. Add 2k and you can get a 350 if you search well. The GT500 were great cars. I had a 11 that I really had fun in. But with the new one around the corner, I would say buying a 13/14 for nearly 60k is a bit much to me. Also betting on ADM's and such is not a way to approach buying the new GT500 when it comes. There were 350's found at MSRP and the new GT500 will be no different. If you look and do research, you will find one at the price you want to pay.
Personally I'm with you and I would be looking to purchase a new GT350 for pretty much the same cost as it is a much better car.

After owning 3 GT500's and then moving over to the NA Boss and GT350 cars there is no going back for me.

Just test drive a GT500 and a GT350 back to back and there is no comparison.

:cheers:

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If possible drive the 14 GT500 and drive the new GT350 I own both and the 14 GT500 is a much better street car the lack of low end torque in the 350 is an issue.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I’ll be looking for one with a Glass Roof in the next year or so.
Sponsored