Sponsored

HiPo Mustang (S550) Prototype Spied -With Different Exhaust Setup and Sound

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Corvette? Hardly. M3/4? Doubtful unless it's the Trinity since the M3/4 makes over 475 HP and has a phenomenal suspension, a much lower weight, and practically 50/50 weight balance.
Whatever it's called, it's a Mustang first second and last.
Do you have a crystal ball? You seem awfully confident in the superiority of those other cars, while knowing almost nothing about the SVT, including what it will weigh, what its weight distribution will be, how much power it will make and how its suspension will perform...
Sponsored

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
Corvette? Hardly. M3/4? Doubtful unless it's the Trinity since the M3/4 makes over 475 HP and has a phenomenal suspension, a much lower weight, and practically 50/50 weight balance.
I actually think even the base GT engine might have an edge vs. the C7 Corvette especially at high rpm. An proper NA 5.0 V8 cannot be underestimated. Remember the Corvette is a pushrod with only 6.5K rpm. A 3.0L straight six turbo is still a straight six and could have heat issue at extend track time. I've read that the M3/M4 ring time is 6:52 which is about that same as a 10 year old E46 M3 CSL so I wouldn't call that impressive. The current GT is already competitive vs. the E92 M3 and that with a live-axle.

Now the GT350 will supposedly have a 5.2L with 520hp at maybe 8K rpm redline so it will only be better. I am not too worry about the M3/M4 but the Corvette is a 2 seater with lower center of gravity and better weight distribution so the Mustang will need higher hp to be competitive.
The GT500 Laguna seca time is almost the same as the C7 and that with a less than optimal supercharger, live-axle, narrow rear track, and crappy brakes. If the Mustang can get a 5.2L 520hp, slightly lighter, carbon brakes, multi-matic shocks then it should be right there with the C7 or even faster. I am counting on the 5.2L 520hp as the deciding factor. It should be quite a bit better than the C7 pushrod.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Nothing new or too exciting but I think there is some extended footage here that wasn't in the original post.

The extended footage is of a different car with the CPC V8.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
SO what..?
Even if the GT takes and outmodes the BMW 435i.. the GT is a win. The M3/4 start at nearly $70k.. they better have an edge.

But if you think a s550 with 430ft-lbs of torque, is going to be a slouch around a track, your letting Germany market you too much.

The GT isn't DFI.. the performance models will be.

*(I am waiting on a twin turbo v6, thank you..!)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
SO what..?
Even if the GT takes and outmodes the BMW 435i.. the GT is a win. The M3/4 start at nearly $70k.. they better have an edge.

But if you think a s550 with 430ft-lbs of torque, is going to be a slouch around a track, your letting Germany market you too much.

The GT isn't DFI.. the performance models will be.

*(I am waiting on a twin turbo v6, thank you..!)
Not going to lie, while I will always prefer my mustang to have 8 cylinders; the TTV6 Stang, when it comes, will be beast mode. It's gonnna be ridiculous and I would have a hard time not wanting one, but it would have to be a second mustang, because like I said I will always have a v8 in one.
Sponsored