Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Take with a grain of salt, but Ford through chat is throwing around some estimates on ordering and delivery.

35717642791_9bf1e0098f_k.jpg

Order Banks in mid August

Arrives at dealers mid November

Website will update to 2018 build in October
Those are more like wild ass guesses. The Pony Package press release states that it will be in showrooms by October. I'd hope the fookin' website would be updated before the cars are actually out in the world.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
350 engine is being Re-Designed. Probably to match the 5.0 Re-Design as they did with the did with the 2015s.

Not for 2018 it isn't. No physical changes for the GT350 other than colors.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Engine

Not for 2018 it isn't. No physical changes for the GT350 other than colors.
Didn't say car. Told by Ford, engine is not available due to Re-Design. Probably same minor changes 5.0 will be getting. May also be due to Transmission changes. Maybe they're changing the interface. Don't know. What did they do when they went to 10 Speed on the Trucks?

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Those are more like wild ass guesses. The Pony Package press release states that it will be in showrooms by October. I'd hope the fookin' website would be updated before the cars are actually out in the world.

:gossip: nothing that I asked her related to when the models would be available to SEE in the showroom. They centered around when they would be available for purchase and delivery. I thinks it's very likely the 2018's show up at dealers BEFORE you can actually purchase them through the website.

Also, A local dealer Rep told me that Ford let them know they were sending a Representative to the dealers with a new 2018 to give them the rundown of new features. They expect this interaction to happen in very late July early August to prepare for the open orders and he let me know he'd give me a call to stop by and check it out. Hopefully if it happens I will be able to snap some pics of the interior dash.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Dealers only can sell what they have as quickly as consumers will buy them which is no mean feat. With 2018 improvements already publicized dealers selling through existing stocks is a product of time or how much Ford is willing to pay consumers to buy them.

Given that incentivizing each old unit easily can cost Ford more than it may earn selling a new one and the host of further collateral damage every additional incentive dollar incurs, Ford gladly would slow roll the 2018's launch to whatever extent manufacturing practicalities allow.

Ford can't stall forever, but far more winners than losers would result from not launching 2018s a second sooner than absolutely necessary.

Some of those dates would be WAY out of sequence.
Thought I saw the other day ...... Order banks open 7/24 with deliveries starting 10/2

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
FWIW -

I called Ford yesterday to ask some questions about bundling incentives.

I told the guy I had owned 3 GTs and 2 GT500s.

This is what he says: "Well, I'm not sure we have any incentives on the GT500s".

:doh:

Yeah. So I'm not sure those Ford CS reps know Jack Sh%t.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Any chance with the same setup the 2018 GT sounds similar on catless kooks w/ x pipe on stock quad axleback?

[ame]

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Didn't say car. Told by Ford, engine is not available due to Re-Design. Probably same minor changes 5.0 will be getting. May also be due to Transmission changes. Maybe they're changing the interface. Don't know. What did they do when they went to 10 Speed on the Trucks?
Nothing with the engine or transmission is being changed for the GT350 for 2018. Thats already been confirmed a while ago. Not sure where you are getting your information.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Nothing with the engine or transmission is being changed for the GT350 for 2018. Thats already been confirmed a while ago. Not sure where you are getting your information.
Ford. Maybe they're incorporating reliability improvements.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ford. Maybe they're incorporating reliability improvements.
That would be good. It's also possible they'll do GT350 changes for the 2019 model year. I'm still fairly confident they'll add the 10 speed to it, although it's just a hunch.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
That would be good. It's also possible they'll do GT350 changes for the 2019 model year. I'm still fairly confident they'll add the 10 speed to it, although it's just a hunch.
Hope they keep the GT350 stick only, should be kept a drivers car

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Trans

Hope they keep the GT350 stick only, should be kept a drivers car
The power band is so wide anyways, you're able to minimize gear changes. Why not go with a 10 Speed? At the Sebring Demo, 2nd and 3rd were all that was needed for most of the short course.

The lack of Auto is why I decided against the 350.

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
Just add auto rev matching to the 2019 GT350 so you can hear that beautiful exhaust note every time you downshift and they'll sell even more as manual only.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just add auto rev matching to the 2019 GT350 so you can hear that beautiful exhaust note every time you downshift and they'll sell even more as manual only.
Yes, agreed rev matching would be nice but keep the droney auto away from the GT350 please