What did you do to your GT350 today?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What do you use for flat stoppers? I had started it over Christmas but, only for a couple of minutes. Will the regular gt350 tires do that over time?
I use something called flat stoppers, do a quick google search and youll find them. It's not bad if the car doesn't set long but if it does sometimes it's crazy bad with flat spots. Feel like Fred Flintstone driving down the road on boulders. The flat stoppers keeps them perfect.
Sponsored

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I went auto cross racing yesterday. Finally had the chance to push the car like I've been wanting to do since mid October. I seriously cannot wait to go to an open track event.
Did it feel pretty nimble? Good for auto-crossing?

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
I use something called flat stoppers, do a quick google search and youll find them. It's not bad if the car doesn't set long but if it does sometimes it's crazy bad with flat spots. Feel like Fred Flintstone driving down the road on boulders. The flat stoppers keeps them perfect.
Thanks went on today and just ordered some.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I know you didn't ask me but the car feels nimble for its size and weight. For a really tight track the tall first gear and high redline allows 1st to be used and it gets off the corners really quickly. I'm not a skilled autocrosser but on the short course my stock 350 had the 8th fastest overall time out of a field of about 50 including the cars shod with slicks.:D

For larger tracks 2nd gear is needed and takes a little bit of the speed out of exiting slow turns as the engine is not in the power band but is still very fun. Track mode and 9secs to fully turn off AdvanceTrak.

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know you didn't ask me but the car feels nimble for its size and weight. For a really tight track the tall first gear and high redline allows 1st to be used and it gets off the corners really quickly. I'm not a skilled autocrosser but on the short course my stock 350 had the 8th fastest overall time out of a field of about 50 including the cars shod with slicks.:D

For larger tracks 2nd gear is needed and takes a little bit of the speed out of exiting slow turns as the engine is not in the power band but is still very fun. Track mode and 9secs to fully turn off AdvanceTrak.
Awesome. My only autocross experience was in my 98 M3, so I can't wait to get my GT350 and feel how different it is :)

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Dropped her off at Ford. Getting the differential oil cooler replaced. Part ordered and delivered from Detroit.. wont get her back till Monday or Tuesday....

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Looked at it covered today. Smells good in there with all those Bounce sheets under the hood and around the car.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It felt really nice IMHO. The car felt very planted that's for damn sure. I was too afraid to push the car even half of how hard I pushed it at first because I just knew I'd lose control. It definitely handles well. I'm not a pro by any means, but man!

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It felt really nice IMHO. The car felt very planted that's for damn sure. I was too afraid to push the car even half of how hard I pushed it at first because I just knew I'd lose control. It definitely handles well. I'm not a pro by any means, but man!
Nice! Good to hear!

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Dropped her off at Hennessey performance for the HPE 800 upgrade, Stoked !
:lol: :lol: Must be a Friday thing.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood