Cheating on Shelby

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I went back to a 13 boss 302 with 4000 miles. Just like that car a lot.
I've got a line on a 13 Laguna Seca with less than 500 miles on it. I'm tempted, but the owner wants too much.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Winter off season has me exploring other rides. Looking at sports cars like a 981 GTS and 718 Cayman S. I think it is the lack of driving her on the track that has me looking at the others. Am I the only one with this problem or do others having a wandering eye in the off season?
Most of you guys are effin angels. Hell... I cheat all the time. Auto-polygamy so to speak. :D

My latest one is addicting....
38251795104_c7788362de_c.jpg

IMHO, for a Porsche that will get mostly street and seldomly tracked... the sweet spot is indeed the GTS model whether a Cayman, Boxster or a 911. It's a complete "GT" package. The GT3 is overkill, in a good way of course.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Yea I’m thinking of getting something - to ‘keep the mileage off the shelby’. :)

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
I keep thinking C7Z (A8/Z07), I really want to keep the Boss though.

Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Still have my gt350. Probably never get rid of it but did cheat and bought a '18 Benz AMG w Awd for winter and work. Car is a little beast. Wanted a change

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Winter off season has me exploring other rides. Looking at sports cars like a 981 GTS and 718 Cayman S. I think it is the lack of driving her on the track that has me looking at the others. Am I the only one with this problem or do others having a wandering eye in the off season?
You are the only one with this problem. I cant have enough of my shelby, I drive it everyday.

As a side note, those cars you mentioned are a joke sound and power wise. I drove them in a small course. And this is coming from a Porsche fan. I would never own a cayman, its an afterthought.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Still have my gt350. Probably never get rid of it but did cheat and bought a '18 Benz AMG w Awd for winter and work. Car is a little beast. Wanted a change
What'd you get? C43?

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I was contemplating selling my R until I took it to the track... now all I want to do is go to the track. Waiting on some new street wheels / tires so I can drive it more often. I'm a little bored of my DD (Hellcat) just because I have car ADD.

I am always looking at new toys and want to add another Gen 5 Viper (TA 1.0 or TA 2.0), a Trackhawk or maybe a Raptor. This changes almost every week.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I was contemplating selling my R until I took it to the track... now all I want to do is go to the track. Waiting on some new street wheels / tires so I can drive it more often. I'm a little bored of my DD (Hellcat) just because I have car ADD.

I am always looking at new toys and want to add another Gen 5 Viper (TA 1.0 or TA 2.0), a Trackhawk or maybe a Raptor. This changes almost every week.
You sound like me. You're bored with your Hellcat? I had a ScatPac and while it was faster than the GT350, I still like the GT350 better in all aspects. I've been thinking about getting a Hellcat just to be able to hear that Wheeeeee sound.
I thought about a Trackhawk, but I already had a Grand Cherokee and didn't like it and gave it to my son. I don't think a supercharged V8 will make it anymore comfortable.
My wants and desires regarding cars change daily.....sometimes even hourly. :D

Sponsored

Colorancher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 03 XKR, 15 RAM 2500
The GT350 fits me just right. However, I am drawn to the Porsche GT4, Grand Sport, ACR and Superformance Daytona. Those call to me at Cars and Coffee. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy them on the track.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You sound like me. You're bored with your Hellcat? I had a ScatPac and while it was faster than the GT350, I still like the GT350 better in all aspects. I've been thinking about getting a Hellcat just to be able to hear that Wheeeeee sound.
I thought about a Trackhawk, but I already had a Grand Cherokee and didn't like it and gave it to my son. I don't think a supercharged V8 will make it anymore comfortable.
My wants and desires regarding cars change daily.....sometimes even hourly. :D
My scatpack isn't faster than my 350... well I guess technically it is - it has a higher top speed, but it couldn't run with the 350 long enough for that to matter. Did you have yours modded?

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
My scatpack isn't faster than my 350... well I guess technically it is - it has a higher top speed, but it couldn't run with the 350 long enough for that to matter. Did you have yours modded?
Nope...M/T drag radials and her best was 11.98, 117mph with a 1.650 60ft. Excepting the tires all was stock.

I haven't run my Shelby at the drag strip, but I have a feeling the Shelby won't beat that run. It certainly doesn't have the seat of the pants feel the ScatPac had.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nope...M/T drag radials and her best was 11.98, 117mph with a 1.650 60ft. Excepting the tires all was stock.

I haven't run my Shelby at the drag strip, but I have a feeling the Shelby won't beat that run. It certainly doesn't have the seat of the pants feel the ScatPac had.
Ah you're talking drag..

Yeah - I agree..the bottom end on the 392 is superior.
I think 1/8mi the 392 would take it, 1/4mi --- depends on the launch. From a roll, however, no way imho. I punched the 392 the other day and it felt dead up top compared to the R.

OP
OP
TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

Track time in the 350 has spoiled me as it's soooo much fun especially now with 200TW tire's. Problem now is driving the 350 on the road makes it feel all caged up. Wish the wife would allow more than one play car so I can get something you can wind out on the street before getting to 60. S2000, base boxster or Miata would fit the bill nicely. If it has to replace the 350 than need something faster such as the S or GTS Porsche models. Viper would be awesome, maybe when the latest gen gets a few years older and pick up a GTC or TA. My understanding is the latest model has more accessible performance.
Sponsored