Sponsored

Mt82 install help

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Ok so I've been fighting with this for a few hours now and could use some input.

I'm installing an exedy Twin disc, used the alignment tool and it goes smooth right through both discs and into the pilot I now have the trans about an inch from the block.

The Input shaft seems to go through both disc and the throw out bearing is just touching the pressure plate fingers but it refuses to go any further.

Does it need a good push to overcome the throw out or should it just slide eight in?

I did bench bleed the throw out so maybe that's my problem?
Sponsored

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Just an update on this for anyone looking in the future.

Just needed a little more umph to compress the slave that I bench bled.

All good and back in the car

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Also, never use the trans bolts to suck the trans in. I've seen a cracked coyote block from doing that. :eyebulge:

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Also, never use the trans bolts to suck the trans in. I've seen a cracked coyote block from doing that. :eyebulge:
Yep I suppose if your not lined up and really crank on it it could get ugly quick. Aluminum doesn't like a lot of pressure.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Happened to me during my RXT install. Tried for hours, recruited buddies to help who have also R&R multiple trans and no dice.

Doing it on jackstands and not being able to use a trans jack makes it difficult. I had to slowly pull it in with bolts.
Sponsored