Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

jimmbbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT Sterling Gray
However, does anyone think the carbon fiber (faux or real) trim looks tacky??

Unless required for functionality, am not a fan of the "carbon fiber" fad of making it CF just because they can... Think it will get old after a while, and like most fads will fall out of favor for the next "new and shiny" gimmick.
:popcorn:
Sponsored

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I kinda like the carbon look as it is understated and not in your face like some of the brighter aluminum trims can be. I have seen it in person in the Raptor and like it. IMO I think it works better with the 2018 brushed trim on the console/door handles as opposed to the current chrome like finishes on the current interior.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
CF would look better if it was the dry/naked carbon instead of the glossy one. Glossy is an older style of CF

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Few reasons.

One, weight. Stock systems are heavy, active exhaust or not. Some aftermarket systems may only shed a few lbs, but it's still a plus.

Two, sound. Change the headers and you may hate the sound the active exhaust gives you where you can change that with aftermarket.

Three, flow. Stock systems are still fairly restrictive because of emissions.

The active exhaust is not that loud by any means. My Corsa Sport is barely audible inside, but I can really hear it when I gas it. I also plan to do headers. I just think the money is better spent on a good aftermarket system than a switch. Personally, I don't think the active exhaust sounds that good, but that's why we all have opinions and why it's an option to check or not check when you get your 2018.
Modern exhaust systems , that is from the cat back, are pretty effective and efficient at moving out exhaust these days. It's part of the reason why, for example on the S550, changing out exhaust systems will maybe, maybe get you 5 HP at the max..it's mostly about sound. The true bottleneck has been and always will be the cats.

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Yes, I meant HP. :D

Here are some screencaps from the NCAP crash test video
Did the mirrors change as well? They look even more out of place than before? Other than that it's good to see that ford got their act together for the daylights

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Did the mirrors change as well? They look even more out of place than before? Other than that it's good to see that ford got their act together for the daylights
I was thinking the same thing. They look bigger / taller and out of place.

Maybe its European spec mirrors ?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yes, they are the export models mirrors, but they are unchanged to the Pre-FL export model :)
But yeah, they look a bit out of place in these pics. in real life they are totally fine imho

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Got more exiting news about the EU model!

• EU EB will have less HP! But instead something from the Formula 1 will be implemented in the EB, can't tell you more about that
Overboost, what the FiST and Focus ST/RS have currently. Not exactly a secret nor something you would get in trouble for sharing.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
3 stars instead of 2, exactly as I predicted. The child occupant's hand that actually waves out of the window after one of the crashes is what's still preventing it from getting over 3.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Overboost, what the FiST and Focus ST/RS have currently. Not exactly a secret nor something you would get in trouble for sharing.
I didn't tell more about that just because my source had no information what exactly the F1 feature will be. I will tell you everything I get to know :cheers:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I didn't tell more about that just because my source had no information what exactly the F1 feature will be. I will tell you everything I get to know :cheers:
Well we know Ford isnt going to put a KERS system in the Ecoboost so its pretty easy to figure out lol.
Sponsored