Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Hey FORD how about a MACH 1 edition its long overdue!! A Mach 1 in Lightning Blue would be great and its about damn frigging time a Burgundy/Maroon gets back on the Mustang! Look up a 69 Mach 1 or Shelby GT500 in Royal Maroon and car is awesome in that color!!
Sponsored

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Hey FORD how about a MACH 1 edition its long overdue!! A Mach 1 in Lightning Blue would be great and its about damn frigging time a Burgundy/Maroon gets back on the Mustang! Look up a 69 Mach 1 or Shelby GT500 in Royal Maroon and car is awesome in that color!!
FORD, while you are having so much success with the new S550 Mustang GT and GT350 and GT350 R and the Raptors, besides bringing back the Mach 1 how about a 2018 F150 Lightning Truck in this new Maroon color! I'd order one tomorrow

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thats the same thing people said when the S197 and S550 was released !! It's always the same thing thats said when a nextgen vehicle or refresh is revealed, car after car after car. It's hilarious!! I wonder what people will say when the S650 is revealed? hahahahah :lol:
Not true, I liked the '05 and '15 from the word go.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Not true, I liked the '05 and '15 from the word go.
Yep. I liked the progression all the way up to the 15. All ford had to do was mimic the GT350 hood and fender-lines for the refresh. The headlights and poowty front end just don't do it for me (compared to the 15-17). Now don't get me wrong, it doesn't look horrible per say, just not up to par on the 15-17.

In the end, Ford doesn't care...as long as they are able to scoop up sales for the next few years.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I smile when I read the messages of hate and glance over to the left.
Drives
I don't see it as being hate, it's a matter of preference. I love the looks of the 68' mustang fastback. I dislike the looks of the 73' Mach 1. This has nothing to do with what I drive.

This isn't a matter of justifying our decisions. If none of us had laid eyes on the 2015-17, we would most likely praise the MY18. Side by side however, to most of us, the MY15 just flat out looks better. Again, all Ford had to do was slap the front end from the GT350 on the MY18 and update the headlights (same shape, but add LEDs) and we would all be going ape shit for the MY18.

This isn't about degrading a newer MY out of jealousy, this is about Ford shitting on the front end of the MY15 for the sake of change. Most of us didn't want the MY18 styling, we wanted the GT350 styling.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I will say I find the 18 front end more agreeable the more time that passes. Maybe that was part of their strategy with such an early reveal. Show the car in January and give people almost an entire year to warm up to the design before they go on sale lol.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
If you want a GT350, buy a GT350? I think it's obvious that Ford won't throw off their $60k car customers by offering the look in every base Mustang

But if it's really just the frontend that is turning you off, there's always Roush, Steeda, Ikon, etc who can help you :)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I will say I find the 18 front end more agreeable the more time that passes. Maybe that was part of their strategy with such an early reveal. Show the car in January and give people almost an entire year to warm up to the design before they go on sale lol.
IMHO, you shouldn't have to "Warm up" to a design. The second I laid eyes on the MY15, I effing loved it.

There will always be those that dislike new styles because it out-dates their current vehicles. In this case however, I don't think that's what you're seeing. Ford took a style that was almost perfect (GT350 is perfect) and poo pood on it.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If you want a GT350, buy a GT350? I think it's obvious that Ford won't throw off their $60k car customers by offering the look in every base Mustang

But if it's really just the frontend that is turning you off, there's always Roush, Steeda, Ikon, etc who can help you :)
Horseshit. They have done it in the past. The didn't need to exactly copy the GT350. They didn't need to use the fender vents, and could have tweaked the front fascia to differentiate.

The front end is what is turning everyone off. Who the hell wants to spend an extra $3k for a body kit to fix their vehicle. I have never been a fan of body kits, fascia kits etc. If I wanted a Roush, I would have bought a Roush.

If the GT350 had been available with X Plan pricing when I purchased my 16, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's an emotive subject, that's for sure. We all have our own personally views and each and every one of us is entitled to those views.

Please be aware though, that once the '18MYs start to get into the hands of customers, the Moderation team will start to implement one of our forum rules on threads/posts specific to the '18:

"3. Inter Model Bashing — To reiterate, the forum will not tolerate any bashing of another member's choice of vehicle, options/equipment, modifications, stock vs. non stock etc. Respect for all models (EcoBoost, V6, GT, GT350, etc) is expected of all members. Posting in a thread or section related to a specific trim/model for the sole purpose of bashing the vehicle will not be tolerated on the forums"

:)

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
IMHO, you shouldn't have to "Warm up" to a design. The second I laid eyes on the MY15, I effing loved it.

There will always be those that dislike new styles because it out-dates their current vehicles. In this case however, I don't think that's what you're seeing. Ford took a style that was almost perfect (GT350 is perfect) and poo pood on it.
Well designs affect each person differently. I thought the 2015 looked too bland when they first revealed it. Since I instantly loved the 13s the first time I saw them, the 15 seemed too soft. It didn't help that the picture that leaked out back then was a red base model EcoBoost, not a great first impression. Over the following few months I really grew to love it and now am on my second one. For me at least, same goes for the 18s. First impression was that horribly color-corrected yellow car showing the new front end at the worst possible angle. Now seeing other angles, colors and PP cars, it's getting better. 6 months from now if/when I see it in Highland Green, you'll probably find me at the dealership ordering one.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Well designs affect each person differently. I thought the 2015 looked too bland when they first revealed it. Since I instantly loved the 13s the first time I saw them, the 15 seemed too soft. It didn't help that the picture that leaked out back then was a red base model EcoBoost, not a great first impression. Over the following few months I really grew to love it and now am on my second one. For me at least, same goes for the 18s. First impression was that horribly color-corrected yellow car showing the new front end at the worst possible angle. Now seeing other angles, colors and PP cars, it's getting better. 6 months from now if/when I see it in Highland Green, you'll probably find me at the dealership ordering one.
I agree, designs do affect people differently. One of the reasons the S550 sold so well was because of the styling. Let’s face it, performance wise, it’s not far off from the previous generation. Having already had a couple of 10 second daily driver mustangs, 2 things sold me on the S550. The Styling and the IRS…in that order. The styling of the previous generation wasn’t enough for me. While I liked it, it wasn’t as polarizing as the current generation.

Again, don’t get me wrong…the MY18 isn’t hideous. It just seems like they did a more dramatic facelift than most that purchased the S550 preferred. Let’s face it though, Ford isn’t trying to sell the people that already purchased the 15-17s. They are looking to cash in on those that were on the fence. Those of us that purchased the 15-17 will be more interested in the S650 than the MY18.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT

I didn't have to warm up to the S197, that's why I've owned three of them. I'm still trying to warm up to the s550 and the 2018 is upping
the temperature a little.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
If they ever come out with an updated highland green with metallic in it I will be ordering one as well. Something like the corvette green, with saddle interior! :cheers:

267d1375631218-official-lime-rock-green-stingray-corvette-photo-thread-green-corvette-slide.jpg

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The front end is what is turning everyone off. Who the hell wants to spend an extra $3k for a body kit to fix their vehicle. I have never been a fan of body kits, fascia kits etc. If I wanted a Roush, I would have bought a Roush.
The front end is not turning everyone off.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74320&highlight=2018+poll

You may feel one shouldn't have to 'warm-up' to a design - and that is perfectly valid, but bottom line is that this does happen.

Happens to all kinds of things in life - once the initial shock of the change gives way to more rational observation/thought.

Even withing this thread there seem to be pages of cycles. Front end sucks | now that I've seen better pictures/or in person - I do like it | front end sucks | is actually kind of refined | front end sucks
Sponsored

Last edited: