Sponsored

BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I might make the switch to this bg stuff if the reviews keep liking it better then the amsoil. Ill need to pick up the trans kit and rear differental kit from optimum performance
Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Huge difference from stock fluid. I flushed out the Amsoil because it is not recommended by Amsoil. I'm an Amsoil dealer and I chose to swap to BG because after speaking to Amsoil themselves they advised I did not use their oil in the transmission. There are Ford dealers out there using BG and that was good enough for me.
Why?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Because they do not have a fluid that meets Ford specifications therefore they do not recommend using any Amsoil fluid.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Because they do not have a fluid that meets Ford specifications therefore they do not recommend using any Amsoil fluid.
It doesnt have to be ford spec to exceed. Same with motor oil. Those factory spec certifications are a joke. Just my opinion.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It doesnt have to be ford spec to exceed. Same with motor oil. Those factory spec certifications are a joke. Just my opinion.

Oh I agree, just saying they told me not to use it because if ever it caused problems they would not stand behind me and Ford would most certainly deny warranty that's all.

I don't have a problem using non Ford fluid, just want a manufacturer that recommends their own product in my car and Amsoil doesn't.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Oh I agree, just saying they told me not to use it because if ever it caused problems they would not stand behind me and Ford would most certainly deny warranty that's all.

I don't have a problem using non Ford fluid, just want a manufacturer that recommends their own product in my car and Amsoil doesn't.
Gotcha. Im definitely interested how the trans and diff fluid compare to amsoil. :cheers:

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION] originally peaked my interest for BG as he has been running it for a long time in his 2011 GT. I highly respect his opinion being a Mercedes tech:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
Factory fill.
this is what i have heard the most. I would like to know how it compared to Amsoil fluid. Jmeo only had Amsoil for a few miles so he really couldn't say one way or the other. I know Amsoil does not recommend their syncromesh fluid in our MT-82 but there are a lot of people running it and loving it. I know when i went to Amsoil from factory fill i loved it!! But on par with MT-82 it is still a little notchy the first few shifts from 1st to 2nd and rarely 2nd to 3rd. After a few shifts it is smooth. So i would like to know if this fluid which i think is thicker than Amsoil and factory fill is really better than the Amsoil i have been running for the past few thousand miles. Luckily for us all that would like to know i ordered this BG fluid and will be doing the swap later this week and after some drive time i will let every know my opinion. :cheers:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
this is what i have heard the most. I would like to know how it compared to Amsoil fluid. Jmeo only had Amsoil for a few miles so he really couldn't say one way or the other. I know Amsoil does not recommend their syncromesh fluid in our MT-82 but there are a lot of people running it and loving it. I know when i went to Amsoil from factory fill i loved it!! But on par with MT-82 it is still a little notchy the first few shifts from 1st to 2nd and rarely 2nd to 3rd. After a few shifts it is smooth. So i would like to know if this fluid which i think is thicker than Amsoil and factory fill is really better than the Amsoil i have been running for the past few thousand miles. Luckily for us all that would like to know i ordered this BG fluid and will be doing the swap later this week and after some drive time i will let every know my opinion. :cheers:

Looking forward to your informed opinion [emoji106]

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have had RP and Amsoil in for awhile, so I'll have a good. comparison

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I'm curious as well. I am using RP right now and it has been great compared to the stock fluid. I have Amsoil in my garage right now but thinking about BG fluid.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
How does the BG oil perform in cold temperatures (between 0 and 30F)?
Sponsored