Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 Owners

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Its a sad deal, the ecoboost group is pretty sad. Ive lost interest, my car sits, I prefer my Subaru now. I wont post or even look anymore only for a laugh now and then. I was told I was an idiot, got ridiculed, belittled, and told I even lied, there is no way on earth id ever get involved in the FB group to much, or even this group for that matter.
WOW..

Don't be so harsh to the most honest mustang forum on the planet..:cheers::focus:
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I would have been a big help top the community but a certain tuner ruined that from the start, I keep my mouth shut and my ides to myself other then a few friends. I cant believe people talk bad or say the Vargas turbo isnt good, I ran mid 10s with it with hundreds and hundreds of runs with zero problems, I literally could not hurt one and pushed them as far as they could be pushed. Cancer for the community is the perfect word for the whole situation.
Honestly, what this forum and the entire EBM community needs is a lot more technical content. I cut my "tuning teeth" on the Mazdaspeed forums where great information was shared and the moderators actually kept things in check. Everything is just so damn proprietary with the Mustangs that hardly anyone is willing to share ideas to help push this platform forward. The FB page really is a joke. It seems very childish in nature due to the amount of BS that gets spread.

We need sub forums for specific content related to different topics dealing with the EBM specifically. Moderators are you listening?

On a side note [MENTION=25093]TheLion[/MENTION] we need more content delivered with his attention to detail. I'll admit some of his post were really long winded, but he definitely covered all the bases and was very detailed and articulate.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
On the topic of these VS2+ turbos, how big a converter do you recommend for us auto guys? I hardly see anyone talk about tq converters for the EB cars.

I have a Circle D 5C sitting in my basement from last year, everyone said it was a bad idea with the OEM turbo, so I didn't install it.

Now I got a motor from Esslinger on route, and it will definately be going in with that motor.

Is a 5C (~4200 stall) too large for a VS2+ sized turbo? I'd probably go with the single scroll for more top end.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
On the topic of these VS2+ turbos, how big a converter do you recommend for us auto guys? I hardly see anyone talk about tq converters for the EB cars.

I have a Circle D 5C sitting in my basement from last year, everyone said it was a bad idea with the OEM turbo, so I didn't install it.

Now I got a motor from Esslinger on route, and it will definately be going in with that motor.

Is a 5C (~4200 stall) too large for a VS2+ sized turbo? I'd probably go with the single scroll for more top end.
I think Mark runs a circle D convertor and had good success with it on the Vargas Stage 2 Single Scroll... iirc the convertor was needed on his application because he was unable to build enough boost pressure to properly launch because of the slow spooling characteristics of the single scroll. Perhaps [MENTION=21658]perfweld[/MENTION] can chime in with more details.

I think a lot of times people forget it's all about the sum of the parts working together that yields good results, not just one piece of the puzzle.

:cheers:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Honestly, what this forum and the entire EBM community needs is a lot more technical content. I cut my "tuning teeth" on the Mazdaspeed forums where great information was shared and the moderators actually kept things in check. Everything is just so damn proprietary with the Mustangs that hardly anyone is willing to share ideas to help push this platform forward. The FB page really is a joke. It seems very childish in nature due to the amount of BS that gets spread.

We need sub forums for specific content related to different topics dealing with the EBM specifically. Moderators are you listening?

On a side note [MENTION=25093]TheLion[/MENTION] we need more content delivered with his attention to detail. I'll admit some of his post were really long winded, but he definitely covered all the bases and was very detailed and articulate.
Agreed.

Most of the Facebook group consists of people posting pictures or talking about the word "ecoboom." It's ridiculous you can't even have a good informative conversation over that crap.

I will miss [MENTION=25093]TheLion[/MENTION] as he has moved onto bigger things(literally, with his V8).

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I think Mark runs a circle D convertor and had good success with it on the Vargas Stage 2 Single Scroll... iirc the convertor was needed on his application because he was unable to build enough boost pressure to properly launch because of the slow spooling characteristics of the single scroll. Perhaps @perfweld can chime in with more details.

I think a lot of times people forget it's all about the sum of the parts working together that yields good results, not just one piece of the puzzle.

:cheers:
Yes with the single scroll Vargas you need to run a loose convertor, same goes with a big turbo. After running one of these cars for a few years now, I like this route better, loose convertor, not much low speed engine TQ with the open scroll Vargas, or a big turbo. Its how I was able to run 10.70s with the stock OEM engine. I run a big turbo now, it has quite a bit of lag, but the convertor fixes that issue, id have to look for my time slip when I ran my 10.19 at 133, but I think the 60 ft was 1.42 or 1.44.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Yes with the single scroll Vargas you need to run a loose convertor, same goes with a big turbo. After running one of these cars for a few years now, I like this route better, loose convertor, not much low speed engine TQ with the open scroll Vargas, or a big turbo. Its how I was able to run 10.70s with the stock OEM engine. I run a big turbo now, it has quite a bit of lag, but the convertor fixes that issue, id have to look for my time slip when I ran my 10.19 at 133, but I think the 60 ft was 1.42 or 1.44.
That makes me glad I went with the 5C then, should be loose with a lot of RPM.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Its a sad deal, the ecoboost group is pretty sad. Ive lost interest, my car sits, I prefer my Subaru now. I wont post or even look anymore only for a laugh now and then. I was told I was an idiot, got ridiculed, belittled, and told I even lied, there is no way on earth id ever get involved in the FB group to much, or even this group for that matter.
Couldn't agree more. I've basically stopped asking questions of just about anyone on fb because of how bad the community is as a whole. There are some very good folks out there that willingly share and help out (like yourself) that I would be willing to ask questions in private with. It's actually rather sad because it's basically unmotivated me from wanting to do any more to my car. Which kinda sucks because over all it is very fun to drive.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Couldn't agree more. I've basically stopped asking questions of just about anyone on fb because of how bad the community is as a whole. There are some very good folks out there that willingly share and help out (like yourself) that I would be willing to ask questions in private with. It's actually rather sad because it's basically unmotivated me from wanting to do any more to my car. Which kinda sucks because over all it is very fun to drive.
Seems like trolls (you'll go Ecoboom!) are only a few guys that post same shit over and over again. Looks like there are plenty of folks left who want to contribute and learn, so I'll see if I can do my share.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like trolls (you'll go Ecoboom!) are only a few guys that post same shit over and over again. Looks like there are plenty of folks left who want to contribute and learn, so I'll see if I can do my share.
I can help with that too ... I want to learn...:cheers:

going for nitro in my motor ... stock internal .. so .. e40+ nitro+ meth+ported head = what a cocktail...want 500 whp ..:first:

push the stock internals to its limits and I have 40,000 on her..:ford:

thank you tony vargas for your turbo..:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Perfweld - Glad you are still here.

I just got my new motor going and wanted to get info from you on what to expect.

What turbo are you running right now?

wsfrasier - you should be very happy with your new block

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfweld - Glad you are still here.

I just got my new motor going and wanted to get info from you on what to expect.

What turbo are you running right now?

wsfrasier - you should be very happy with your new block
I hope you ported your head mate:cheers:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok..

tuned on "mustang dyno" and made on vargas 2 and meth nitro and e40 and ported head we made 550 whp and 430 torque and had more head room on stock internal just trying to keep her safe lol :eyebulge::first:

went out on some 0 to 60 and 4.5 4.6 4.5 on average 1/4 mile next ..
Sponsored

Last edited: