Blow Off Valve for EB

KUgrad13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Roush Stage 1
Has anyone seen any aftermarket blow off valves for the 2015 EB Mustang? I seen where Turbosmart made one for the Focus ST but haven't seen anything for the Mustang yet.
Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Coming from German turbo cars I always hated these as they sound so rice ...curious as to why you are interested in one for the EB?

Last edited:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Maybe he likes the sound as I do. On my last car with an intake I could hear the factory valve release pressure i am hoping the mustang Will be the same.if not I will be looking for b.o.v. As well. With as much love as this car has from the aftermarket there has got to be one.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
Mountune makes an upgraded recirc valve for the STs and I've heard it's the same valve. Don't rely on that info..

to Apwrx: I can't hear any evidence of forced induction in mine unless I'm on heavy throttle with the window down. Hopefully the MMR intake will square that away, given that it doesn't have a resonator like the stock airbox.

Rice-y or not, this is my first turbo and I want to hear it. :D

This engine uses a recirculation valve rather than an atmospheric BOV. This will decrease vacuum in the intake tract a bit when you go off boost, and the fuel and air tables reflect this. I don't think venting to atmosphere will cause any major problems.. but it's more more thing among other mods that can add up to a repair bill.

It's also worth mentioning that there are split valves, that will recirc or blow off a certain ratio depending on how you set them.

Mikes5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track/2014 Explorer Sport
Guess im a ricer since i also like the sound of a bov. My favorite was always the greddy type s but I have not seen one released for the mustang yet.

Sponsored

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
The 15 EB Mustangs BOV is different from the ST's.

We will see a few of these on the market very soon.

JJ

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Streets closed pizza boy.
Ford, why did you inflict your 50 years of Mustang enthusiasts with rice a roni.
image.jpg

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Streets closed pizza boy.
Ford, why did you inflict your 50 years of Mustang enthusiasts with rice a roni.
Um, you know you are in the ecoboost section right?

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Oh god... VTA BOV's sound so bad IMO... lol.

Boomba BOV for example... barely driving, let off the throttle and you get an obnoxious, loud PSSSSSH.

Meh.

Sponsored

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Meh, changing the valve for sound is no different than changing the exhaust for sound. Having a problem with either comes off as, "You like something different from me and I don't like that. I need people to know I like something different so I can feel validated."

I personally wouldn't change it unless it offered an advantage other than sound, but that's just me. A reason I would change would be the OEM valve not holding enough boost.

edit: But like exhausts, I do agree that some are more obnoxious than others.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Love the Ecoboost! Hate the 2fast 2 furious mods.
It's like turning a classic Impala into this:
Fair enough. Loud BOVs aren't really my thing personally, but neither are really loud V8s. I had Roush mufflers on my 11GT and then added cat delete pipes, I ended up having to put the stock mufflers back on because it's was way too loud.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I guess it's all just different for everyone, depending on what you're used to.
Maybe it's just me but wouldn't it look and sound really weird seeing a nice looking Camaro and hearing a small 4 cylinder with BOV noise?

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Bypass valves are pretty much universal, it all depends on how the hoses are routed or where they are mounted. Nearly every BPV has attachments for hoses to make it run recirculated and quiet.

When companies start coming out with more intercoolers and piping kits, they usually have a mounting point for a specific BPV. Then you can decide what kind you want to run based on whose kit you buy.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Turbo 4 cylinders in Mustangs are nothing new, and nothing to look down your nose at. If someone wants a BOV, that is their choice. I really don't know why this has to be such a divisive issue. It IS a turbo 4 cylinder car, which presumably the people in this section bought for that specific reason. So, no, I don't think it is "weird," "odd" or "ricey" to have turbo 4 cylinder sounds emanating from my turbo 4 cylinder car.
Sponsored