Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
18 mani has been sitting and I’m a bit hesitant with all the codes and stuff ppl are getting with the pigtails. Read all 90+ pages and seems like the lockouts don’t have issues.

I have the HellhorsePerformance “plug and play” kit- 2 pigtails w/ connectors at the ends. Is anybody running these Lund tuned without issue?
Originally I was going to use the harness and get my tune from Lund. They basically said they would do the tune but if any issues came up from the IMRC they were not chasing down problems and it would have to be locked out. I don't much blame them on this and just locked them out and be done with it. Last thing I wanted to do was pull the manifold off a dozen times troubleshooting.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
anyone dynoed on 91 or 93 octane???
Dynos period are hard to come by. People post "dyno tomorrow" but the graph never appears. :shrug:

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Originally I was going to use the harness and get my tune from Lund. They basically said they would do the tune but if any issues came up from the IMRC they were not chasing down problems and it would have to be locked out. I don't much blame them on this and just locked them out and be done with it. Last thing I wanted to do was pull the manifold off a dozen times troubleshooting.
What’s extremely annoying is Lund, Hellhorse, and Beefcake all told me the harness is the way to go. Lund told me it’s the easiest and if I’m going to be NA just go “plug and play”. I guess I’m gonna get the lockouts because I can’t risk the car being down, I daily it. I really don’t get why they would all recommend plug n play, especially Lund if they told you they aren’t gonna chase down issues.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What’s extremely annoying is Lund, Hellhorse, and Beefcake all told me the harness is the way to go. Lund told me it’s the easiest and if I’m going to be NA just go “plug and play”. I guess I’m gonna get the lockouts because I can’t risk the car being down, I daily it. I really don’t get why they would all recommend plug n play, especially Lund if they told you they aren’t gonna chase down issues.
I think there is a lot of install errors going on either with vacuum routing or half assed plugs/wiring. Then you get the installer blaming the tune and it becomes a pissing match. I have no doubts their tune works assuming the mechanical aspect is correct.

I was in same boat as you, but said F it and locked them out. No regrets at all, car drives fine and actually feels better than before on throttle response.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I think there is a lot of install errors going on either with vacuum routing or half assed plugs/wiring. Then you get the installer blaming the tune and it becomes a pissing match. I have no doubts their tune works assuming the mechanical aspect is correct.

I was in same boat as you, but said F it and locked them out. No regrets at all, car drives fine and actually feels better than before on throttle response.
Based on some responses it seems that even with the plugNplay connectors, some just get codes and run funky for no apparent reason. Then they switch to lockouts and it’s completely fine. I’ll reach back out to Lund on this because maybe in the past month they’ve realized it’s lockouts or bust

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on some responses it seems that even with the plugNplay connectors, some just get codes and run funky for no apparent reason. Then they switch to lockouts and it’s completely fine. I’ll reach back out to Lund on this because maybe in the past month they’ve realized it’s lockouts or bust
Lockouts just take a lot of variables out of the equation. Kind of hard to mess up an install with lockouts.

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red 5.0 Premium

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Literally the story of my life, except I'm still stuck in between the two piss streams.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
My 18 Manifold is on its way to me in Europe as we speak.

Lund told me they wouldn't even entertain pigtail tuning and it was Lockout only.

So I've got a set of MMR lockouts already waiting :)

Sponsored

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
As promised here's my dyno. Did 3 pulls, 2 with hood closed and 1 with hood open. Both the hood closed pulls did 446/386. And the hood open pull is attached and made 453/393. TSP Catless headers, PMAS, 18 Mani locked out, 47LB injectors on Lunds E85 race tune.
Pulls.png

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
As promised here's my dyno. Did 3 pulls, 2 with hood closed and 1 with hood open. Both the hood closed pulls did 446/386. And the hood open pull is attached and made 453/393. TSP Catless headers, PMAS, 18 Mani locked out, 47LB injectors on Lunds E85 race tune.

That's solid! 524HP/454lb-ft TQ (calc'ed at 15% loss).

Assuming since you said it's an E85 "race tune" you were running E85[?]

How does it drive? Looks like you have a manual 3.73 car (Perf Pack).

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Imrc

So after reading all the post on this thread , I jumped in and installed a 18 intake . With all the concerns of the p2006 and p2007 , I took an different approach. Frist I did a data log , using Ford diagnostic equipment . Ids as it would be known . With the 2015 icrms voltages that the pcm are the different from the right bank to the left . One reading high and one reading low when closed , switching as they open . As you cammand them open voltages changes as they should . With the 2018 manifold voltages at the right and left banks stay the same , open to closed . To prove my theory . I checked my install of a 2018 manifold to a stock 2018 . Guess what , voltages are the same . Icrms sensors are working as they should if wired right . Now my issue is , since I know that my wiring , your wiring is correct , why should we have to lock out ? I went this option because I didn't want the pissing with the tunner I chose . Simple answer lock them out and be done . And you don't need lock out plates for the the tune . Default for the imrc is open . :cheers::cheers:
Sponsored